The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
A poem about love:
THE CARRBRIDGE ROSE
The Packhorse Bridge arches its back
like a grey stone rainbow
over the hard flowing river
hurtling past banks of snowy ice.
We explore chatting
holding hands ever so slight
as if young love though we are not.
Our pasts ensure we tread warily.
Not knowing where these steps may lead
we are in no rush to be fools … again.
I notice a winter rosebush
draped in a shroud of sparkling frost.
In amongst its withered blooms
a single red rose.
You notice its perfect petals closed
as if frozen alive
as if sleeping
as if waiting
as if a heart is still beating.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Love Poems, Stories and Tales from Glasgow writers, Valentine's Day Glasgow 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Writing
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019