The C Word, Scottish Writers’ Centre, CCA Tuesday 8 December, 2015
The ‘C’ Word
Tue 8 December 2015
7pm, £6 (£3 concessions) on the door, Free to SWC members, Clubroom
The ‘C’ Word: A talk on cross-media collaboration followed by a reading from Les Animots: A Human Bestiary, with Douglas Robertson and Gordon Meade.
Gordon Meade is a Scottish poet based in the East Neuk of Fife. In the past he has been the Creative Writing Fellow at the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Writer in Residence for Dundee District Libraries, and the Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow at the University of Dundee. His eighth collection of poems, Les Animots: A Human Bestiary, a collaboration with Douglas Robertson, will be published in the autumn by Cultured Llama Publishing.
Douglas Robertson will begin by giving a short talk on cross-media collaboration including his recent work with the writers Donald S Murray and Isobel Dixon. Gordon Meade and Douglas Robertson will discuss their collaboration on Les Animots: A Human Bestiary. This will be followed by a reading from the collection by Gordon Meade. Gordon will then share a few unpublished poems from his next “collaboration” with cancer.
Douglas Robertson was born in Dundee and now lives in Hampshire. An artist and teacher, he has worked on numerous collaboration projects and has exhibited widely throughout the UK. His work is in many public collections, including the Scottish Fisheries Museum and Comunn Eachdraidh Nis on the Isle of Lewis, and is included in the BBC’s ‘Your Paintings’. His latest book collaborations with Donald S. Murray are SY StorY, published by Birlinn in February, and Herring Tales, published by Bloomsbury in September. His work can be viewed on his website.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Tricky Hat presents The Flames, CCA, Glasgow
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic Hits The Sticks
- Stuart David at Aye Write, 2018 review by Pat Byrne
- Creative Conversations Poet and Playwright Inua Ellams, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Stuart David, writer and musician at Aye Write 2018
- Leo Barasi, The Climate Majority, Aye Write 2018
- Jo Pratt & Sumayya Usmani: The Flexible Vegetarian at Aye Write, 2018.
- Owen Mullen, Claire MacLeary and Angus McAllister Criminal Beginnings at Aye Write
- The Books That Made Me, Adele Patrick, Glasgow Women’s Library at Aye Write 2018
- Michael Meighan, Aye Write 2018 – Glasgow in 50 Buildings
- Ash Dykes, Mission Impossible, Aye Write 2018
- Christopher Baker – Monarch of the Glen, Aye Write 2018
- Simon McDermott & Chris Wilson, The Songaminute Man, Aye Write 2018
- Chris Bryant, ‘Entitled’ at Aye Write 2018
- Aye Write 2018, Jon McGregor introduces…Chris Power & Chris McQueer
- Gail Honeyman and Sarah Winman Word of Mouth Best Sellers, Aye Write 2018
- Scottish Women Writers with Linda Jackson of University of Strathclyde Creative Writing
- Stuart David Peacock’s Alibi, Aye Write 2018
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018