The C Word, Scottish Writers’ Centre, CCA Tuesday 8 December, 2015
The ‘C’ Word
Tue 8 December 2015
7pm, £6 (£3 concessions) on the door, Free to SWC members, Clubroom
The ‘C’ Word: A talk on cross-media collaboration followed by a reading from Les Animots: A Human Bestiary, with Douglas Robertson and Gordon Meade.
Gordon Meade is a Scottish poet based in the East Neuk of Fife. In the past he has been the Creative Writing Fellow at the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Writer in Residence for Dundee District Libraries, and the Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow at the University of Dundee. His eighth collection of poems, Les Animots: A Human Bestiary, a collaboration with Douglas Robertson, will be published in the autumn by Cultured Llama Publishing.
Douglas Robertson will begin by giving a short talk on cross-media collaboration including his recent work with the writers Donald S Murray and Isobel Dixon. Gordon Meade and Douglas Robertson will discuss their collaboration on Les Animots: A Human Bestiary. This will be followed by a reading from the collection by Gordon Meade. Gordon will then share a few unpublished poems from his next “collaboration” with cancer.
Douglas Robertson was born in Dundee and now lives in Hampshire. An artist and teacher, he has worked on numerous collaboration projects and has exhibited widely throughout the UK. His work is in many public collections, including the Scottish Fisheries Museum and Comunn Eachdraidh Nis on the Isle of Lewis, and is included in the BBC’s ‘Your Paintings’. His latest book collaborations with Donald S. Murray are SY StorY, published by Birlinn in February, and Herring Tales, published by Bloomsbury in September. His work can be viewed on his website.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Tidelines Book Festival 2018, Irvine, Scotland
- The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
- The Backstreets of Purgatory, Waterstones Byres Road
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library