The 17th Linlithgow Folk Festival
The 17th Linlithgow Folk Festival promises to be the best yet!
Wednesday 9th to Sunday 13th September, 2015
Headline concert from the Emily Smith Band
Multi award winning singer Emily Smith is a leading figure of the Scottish folk scene. Winner of ‘Scots Singer of the Year 2014’ she is recognised not only as a talented songwriter but also as one of the finest interpreters of traditional song in the UK. Her current tour sees Emily showcase songs from her highly acclaimed 2014 album ‘Echoes’. Unshakeably Scottish but with farther, wider horizons, Emily’s material sees time worn texts weave beautifully alongside contemporary covers, blurring the borders of old and new. ‘Echoes’ has been hailed as her finest album yet.
Bluegrass Concert from The Mairs Family
Making their debut in Linlithgow, the band features all instruments and all styles from contemporary to traditional , with full bluegrass vocal harmonies, including a gospel repertoire.
Vastly experienced on the live music scene, the line-up includes Dad, Alan, one of the founder members of Old Hickory. The band has recently completed a successful tour in the USA and is a big favourite on the Scottish Bluegrass music circuit. Supported by the Dapper McDans, who are making a welcome return with their laid-back acoustic mixture of bluegrass, old time and traditional celtic music.
And Much More:
All the usual fun at this family friendly festival – with a fabulous programme of events including: Sessions at the Black Bitch Tavern, Music at the Cross at the Nora Devine Stage, Step We Ceilidh at the Masonic Hall, Craft Fair and Songs and Music at the Canal.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
One response to “The 17th Linlithgow Folk Festival”
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Jim Byrne, The Basement Jam, Tennent’s Bar, Glasgow
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Glasgow Canal Festival 2018