Ten Writers Telling Lies, Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh Sunday 5 November, 2017 2 p.m.
Sunday 5 November, 201 – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Mackintosh Club, 40/2 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh G84 8SU (2 mins from Helensburgh Train Station)
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration combining music and writing – which has resulted in a book and accompanying CD. Ten writers have written stories and poems connected with, and inspired by, the songs on the CD, written with Jim Byrne, whose previous CDs have been critically acclaimed.
Come along and enjoy some stories and song – there will also be a short Q & A session where you can learn about the project and the artists involved.
Quote from the author Alan Bissett: "
"Yet further proof, were it needed, of the ongoing vibrancy of Glasgow literature. The stories sing and soar, and these are definitely writers to watch. You read them here first, folks!"
**Disabled persons may have restricted access due to stairs and no lift to top floor.
'So looking forward to performing in this gorgeous venue' Pat Byrne
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, What's On Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Dynamic City with Linda Jackon, La Bodega
- Wild Women Writing Course with Magi Gibson starts January 2018
- Tinsel Tales, GoMA
- Creative Conversations Playwright Douglas Maxwell
- Ten Writers Telling Lies, Book Week Scotland, Airdrie Library, 28 November, 2017
- Book Week Scotland 2017, Bernard MacLaverty, The Mitchell
- Being Human Fest Postcard poetry: Philip Hobsbaum’s inclusive writers’ groups 23 November, 2017
- Poet Nuar Alsadir, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Voices Nationwide, Spoken Word Workshops, Paisley
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Lost Mansions and Houses of Lanarkshire by Dan Sweeney
- Vahni Capildeo, Creative Conversations
- Winter Words at Woodlands Community
- Book Week Scotland 2017 , West Dunbartonshire Libraries
- ‘This World that We Seem to Inherit’: Readings and Music for Remembrance, University of Glasgow
- Books at the Botanics
- Louise Welsh, Arlington Baths Club, Book Week Scotland, Thursday 30 November,2017
- Ten Slavonic Dances with Tom Hubbard, Scottish Writers Centre
- Book Week Scotland – Story on Page and Film with Bernard MacLaverty, Kelvin Hall, 2 December, 2017