Ten Writers Telling Lies, Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh Sunday 5 November, 2017 2 p.m.
Sunday 5 November, 201 – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Mackintosh Club, 40/2 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh G84 8SU (2 mins from Helensburgh Train Station)
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration combining music and writing – which has resulted in a book and accompanying CD. Ten writers have written stories and poems connected with, and inspired by, the songs on the CD, written with Jim Byrne, whose previous CDs have been critically acclaimed.
Come along and enjoy some stories and song – there will also be a short Q & A session where you can learn about the project and the artists involved.
Quote from the author Alan Bissett: “
“Yet further proof, were it needed, of the ongoing vibrancy of Glasgow literature. The stories sing and soar, and these are definitely writers to watch. You read them here first, folks!”
**Disabled persons may have restricted access due to stairs and no lift to top floor.
‘So looking forward to performing in this gorgeous venue’ Pat Byrne
- The Children’s Wood, Halloween 2018
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Freedom Bound – Escaping Slavery in Scotland
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Glasgow Christmas Lights Switch On
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- My 20th Century Glasgow Film Theatre