Meet the author: PK Lynch, Armadillos, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 14 July, 2016
Pauline Lynch, talking about her book Armadillos.
14 July, 2016 – 6.30 p.m.
Waterstones, 153 – 157 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3EW
Free event call 0141 332 9105 to reserve your place.
Meet local author Pauline as she discusses and takes questions about her latest novel.
Armadillos is a book about journeys that have to be made with outcomes that can’t be predicted. PK Lynch can tell a story deep as a wound. A new writer unafraid of the pain scars and not scared by beauty either. Read this one. –Jeanette Winterson
On the rarest of occasions, we see a prose author who writes sentences with the precision of a poet. Lynch has that gift, constructing lines that make me salivate. And she’s got so much more: a story that’s funny and dangerous and acerbic. This is a debut that blazes like the Texas sky. –Joshua Mohr
Every line is beautifully expressed and written with such vividness, importance and passion. A marvelous debut novel that feels like it was written by an experienced novelist. –Roy Williams OBE
About the Author
Pauline trained as an actor and her first professional job was playing Lizzie in the film of Irvine Welsh’s novel, Trainspotting. After having a baby, Pauline completed her first stage play, Promise. Her second play, King of the Gypsies, played at the Edinburgh fringe, and then toured. She then enrolled on the MLitt Creative Writing programme at Glasgow University where Armadillos was awarded the Sceptre Prize for Fiction.
Pauline Lynch is part of the Ten Writers Telling Lies Ground Breaking Literary and Music Project
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan