A Tale of Two Cities, Thistle Gallery, Park Road, 8th – 23 April, 2017
A Tale of Two Cities
Eleven Glasgow artists portray their city in oils, acrylics and photographs featuring the work of Cecilia Cardiff, Paul Kennedy, Kristina Dickson, Peter Nardini, Irene Gall, James Somerville Lindsay, Leanna Dawson, Stephen Murray, Michael Murison, Peter Murray and Andy Hurst.
Depicting familiar scenes from of our 'dear green place' as well as some rather more unfamiliar ones, each artist's exhibits reflect their interpretation of a vibrant city with its unique sense of purpose and place and the people within it who call it home.
This fascinating Exhibition will also incorporate the distinctive art work of award winning accomplished Dutch artist Eric J Coolen in a unique cross cultural collaboration exploring the architectural similarities between the two cities of Glasgow and Haarlem.
This section: Art - what's on, What's On Glasgow West End
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017