Take Three Artists, Thistle Gallery, 10 – 25 September, 2016
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
Take Three Artists……
10 – 25 September, 2016.
Thistle Gallery is delighted to be hosting an exclusive Exhibition this month featuring the distinctive work of three of Scotland’s most accomplished artists ~ Jennifer Irvine, Liz Knox and Hazel Nagl.
The Show is the culmination of creativity over many recent months by this talented trio which has resulted in a remarkable body of work of over 4O vibrant and profound exhibits. Pop into the Gallery to see for yourself from September 10th until 25th.
Popular artist JENNIFER IRVINE (RGI) derives much of her inspiration from her frequent visits to Provence and Italy.
‘Sunlight and its effects are an ever present theme in my paintings. I work mostly in oils but do a lot of watercolours as well. I love oils because I can work in layers and scrape off and watercolour for speed and washability.’
Accomplished artist LIZ KNOX (PAI, PPAI) uses a bold and confident palette in all of her work which initially arrests the viewer’s attention but ultimately it’s the often small but meaningful nuances which draw the viewer in.
‘The subjective aspect of the work is primary and while the empirical image attracts me, the satisfaction from the source on a particular occasion is the reason for the painting. Basically, I paint.’
Renowned artist HAZEL NAGL (RGI, RSW, PAI) graduated in drawing and painting at Glasgow School of Art, thereafter living and working at the Art School’s Workshop, Culzean Castle, where she developed an interest in landscape painting in response to the varied and dramatic surroundings. Hazel is now widely known and admired as a still life and landscape painter. Her preoccupations being imparting a sense of space and light and an expressive impulse which is manifest in her work.
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School