Take Three Artists, Thistle Gallery, 10 – 25 September, 2016
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
Take Three Artists……
10 – 25 September, 2016.
Thistle Gallery is delighted to be hosting an exclusive Exhibition this month featuring the distinctive work of three of Scotland’s most accomplished artists ~ Jennifer Irvine, Liz Knox and Hazel Nagl.
The Show is the culmination of creativity over many recent months by this talented trio which has resulted in a remarkable body of work of over 4O vibrant and profound exhibits. Pop into the Gallery to see for yourself from September 10th until 25th.
Popular artist JENNIFER IRVINE (RGI) derives much of her inspiration from her frequent visits to Provence and Italy.
‘Sunlight and its effects are an ever present theme in my paintings. I work mostly in oils but do a lot of watercolours as well. I love oils because I can work in layers and scrape off and watercolour for speed and washability.’
Accomplished artist LIZ KNOX (PAI, PPAI) uses a bold and confident palette in all of her work which initially arrests the viewer’s attention but ultimately it’s the often small but meaningful nuances which draw the viewer in.
‘The subjective aspect of the work is primary and while the empirical image attracts me, the satisfaction from the source on a particular occasion is the reason for the painting. Basically, I paint.’
Renowned artist HAZEL NAGL (RGI, RSW, PAI) graduated in drawing and painting at Glasgow School of Art, thereafter living and working at the Art School’s Workshop, Culzean Castle, where she developed an interest in landscape painting in response to the varied and dramatic surroundings. Hazel is now widely known and admired as a still life and landscape painter. Her preoccupations being imparting a sense of space and light and an expressive impulse which is manifest in her work.
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Do The Right Thing CineMasters Spike Lee at GFT
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Govanhill Carnival Parade 2019
- Govanhill International Festival 2019
- Mother Courage and Her Children by Tom Leonard
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall