Syrian Supper Club, Govanhill Trinity Church, 20 July, 2016
Syrian Supper Club
Govanhill Community Canteen and Kitchen
20 July, 2016
5 – 8 p.m.
Join us for another evening of food, people, experimentation and discussion, raising awareness and funds around the dinner table in celebration of Syrian culture in Glasgow.
The Syrian Supper Club is a pop-up food and activist event which looks to experiment with recipes, food, cutlery and seating plans. We invite anyone to join us for an evening of Syrian delights, conversation and discussion. This evening hopes to engage people who may have visited the country previously as well as those who have never been before to share their thoughts and experiences to take part in an informal round the dinner table conversation. The menu will be cooked-up for you by a group of Syrian chefs currently living in Glasgow.
The Syrian Supper Club is brought to you by Küche, a food engagement practice which looks to explore the anthropology of food through food-led events.
This event is in partnership with the Govanhill Free Dinner- Community Canteen.
For the Community Canteen to remain free to those who need it we rely on a small amount of donations from those who can afford to pay. If you enjoy yourself please help us to keep it running by either putting some money in the donations box or helping us clean up at the end.
This event is part of Refugee Festival Scotland and funded by the Refugee Council Scotland: Full details
Govanhill Trinity Church, 28 Daisy Street, G42 8JL
- Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
- Mother India – A La Carte Menu
- Eusebi Valentine’s Day Menu, 2018
- Leiper’s Attic at Cottiers, Pre-theatre Menu 2018
- Valentine’s Day Menu 2018, The Square, Broomhill
- Valentine’s Day in Glasgow – Deal at Greggs
- Just for the lassies – Gaia Burns Supper, Glasgow
- Classrooms for Malawi, Burns Supper, Glasgow
- Celebrate Burns Day at Eusebi, Park Road
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Big Feed Street Social Glasgow 27 -28 January, 2017
- Burns Night at Cottiers
- Burns Supper, OranMor, Glasgow
- Reggae Burns Night, The Rum Shack Glasgow
- Finsbay Burns Night Fundraiser
- A Celebration of the Isle of Harris Gin at Finsbay
- Ashton Lane Hogmanay Street Party 2017
- Hogmanay at Malone’s Glasgow
- Mother India Christmas Menu
- The Square, Broomhill, Glasgow – Restaurant Review by Mary Irvine