Syrian Supper Club, Govanhill Trinity Church, 20 July, 2016
Syrian Supper Club
Govanhill Community Canteen and Kitchen
20 July, 2016
5 – 8 p.m.
Join us for another evening of food, people, experimentation and discussion, raising awareness and funds around the dinner table in celebration of Syrian culture in Glasgow.
The Syrian Supper Club is a pop-up food and activist event which looks to experiment with recipes, food, cutlery and seating plans. We invite anyone to join us for an evening of Syrian delights, conversation and discussion. This evening hopes to engage people who may have visited the country previously as well as those who have never been before to share their thoughts and experiences to take part in an informal round the dinner table conversation. The menu will be cooked-up for you by a group of Syrian chefs currently living in Glasgow.
The Syrian Supper Club is brought to you by Küche, a food engagement practice which looks to explore the anthropology of food through food-led events.
This event is in partnership with the Govanhill Free Dinner- Community Canteen.
For the Community Canteen to remain free to those who need it we rely on a small amount of donations from those who can afford to pay. If you enjoy yourself please help us to keep it running by either putting some money in the donations box or helping us clean up at the end.
This event is part of Refugee Festival Scotland and funded by the Refugee Council Scotland: Full details
Govanhill Trinity Church, 28 Daisy Street, G42 8JL
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019