Cinema For All is offering a limited number of places for existing community cinema groups on our BFI funded Sustain Fresh Start Programme. This opportunity is designed to help you identify and improve on areas of your operation and help you achieve your ideas and includes the following:
- Three 90 minute Skype coaching sessions with our expert Cinema For All team in any of the following areas:
- Marketing and publicity
- Social media
- Immersive Cinema
- Audience development
- Equipment & technical advice
- Live cinema & alternative content
- Fundraising/ Outreach
- Diversifying your programme
The sessions are to be prearranged in advance, and must be completed by the 30 March 2019.
- One £200 bursary is available to each successful group which may be used towards filling a gap in your skillset identified through your coaching sessions. Do you need some additional support, some training or a visit from an expert? Perhaps you’d like to have a logo or website designed? This bursary is a great opportunity for you to address any weaker areas in your organisation that you wish to develop. (N.B. Bursary cannot be used for screening licences or general running costs).
What previous participants have said:
‘Each workshop was very well structured and personalised, we came up with lots of new ideas and improvements, but were also encouraged to recognise what we already do well, which has increased our confidence. I would wholeheartedly recommend Cinema For All’s Sustain programme to any community cinema, regardless of whether they are just starting out of have been running for years – it’s a great opportunity to take stock of what you do and make the most of the vast knowledge and experience the team at Cinema For All can offer.’ – New Dot Cinema, Wales
HOW TO APPLY:
Answer the four questions below (no more than 200 words per answer).
- Tell us about your venue and local area. How many people can you fit in it? What other cinema facilities are nearby? What challenges are you facing?
- Explain how coaching support could help your group.
- Tell us about how the £200 bursary would support your organisation. Have you previously received coaching or similar support funded by the BFI in the past two years?
- Explain what you would do to ensure your screenings attract as diverse an audience as possible.
Before applying, be sure to read the guidance notes and terms and conditions.
Send your answers to email@example.com with the subject line ‘SUSTAIN FRESH START’ by 10 December 2018. Late entries will not be considered.