Susan Calman, Aye Write Glasgow
3 September, 2018
The Mitchell Theatre, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DR
Comedian and broadcaster Susan Calman brings all the joy to Aye Write! this September with her new book, Sunny Side Up.
It’s a quick-stepping welcome back for Susan Calman who danced her way across our screens and into our hearts for 10 weeks on Strictly Come Dancing, but how did this ability to find joy change her life?
Susan Calman’s enthusiasm at being on Strictly was an inspiration to all of us. Cheer Up Love, Susan’s first book, had a clear aim: to help people understand depression. Her new book Sunny Side Up has a similarly clear path: to persuade people to be kinder to each other and spread more joy.
These are extremely difficult and confusing times – people are cross and shouty. It’s exhausting! So, her mission is simple. To get the nation to join her in not being negative. To bring back joy, kindness and community, to find that joy in the little things in life and defeat the hate and fear.
This is her Calmanifesto of Happiness – bring on the joy!
‘Be kind to yourself – read this book, keep it on your bedside table or on your Kindle – even Kindle has the word kind in it’ Sandi Toksvig
9141 353 8000
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper