Surface Area Dance Theatre CIC An introduction to British Sign Language, CCA, Friday 14 April 2017
CCA Friday 14 April 2017
2.30pm, Free but ticketed, Theatre
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Fri 14 April — Sun 16 April 2017
Surface Area Dance Theatre: An introduction to British Sign Language, delivered by native Sign Language user Paul Miller and Communication Support Worker Nicole Vivien Watson.
Facilitated as an informal workshop activity in conjunction with the company’s performances of Auricular, Paul and Nicole will offer participants an introduction to British Sign Language and an insight into the making of Auricular.
Dance City and BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art firstly commissioned Auricular in 2014 and in 2015. Now with support from Arts Council England and partnering organisations, Auricular will be presented in April 2017 at CCA Glasgow, Berwick Visual Arts and at Turner Contemporary.
Directed by Nicole Vivien Watson in collaboration with the artists involved, Nicole comments “British Sign Language is a language of movement, space and expression. As a movement researcher and choreographer, I am fascinated by the depth and clarity of a language that does not rely on the spoken word”.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- Into the Woods Collective, Art and Music Workshops, Children’s Wood
- Mount Florida Screenings, CCA Glasgow
- Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Bonnie Bling Crafternoon Workshop, The Hidden Lane
- Therapeutic Creative Writing Workshop, Paisley
- Glasgow Drum Circle – give a voucher for Christmas
- Wild Women Writing Course with Magi Gibson starts January 2018
- Eusebi Deli – Italian Beer and Food Pairing
- Revisiting the Antonine Wall, Community Consultation from 7 November, 2017
- Indepen-dance, creative movement for people with disabilities and their carers
- Doc-Open. Launch at GFT, 2 November, 2017
- First Strings, Glasgow: Guitar Lessons for Children
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival (SQIFF) – Bridging the Gap, workshop CCA, 6 September, 2017
- Foraging Workshop, Napiershall Street Gardens, Saturday 12 August, 2017
- A New Byres Road: Public Consultation Design Events, August 2017
- Scottish Sculpture Workshop Frontiers in Retreat: Edge Effects, Glasgow, Thu 27 July – Sun 30 July 2017