Surface Area Dance Theatre CIC An introduction to British Sign Language, CCA, Friday 14 April 2017
CCA Friday 14 April 2017
2.30pm, Free but ticketed, Theatre
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Fri 14 April — Sun 16 April 2017
Surface Area Dance Theatre: An introduction to British Sign Language, delivered by native Sign Language user Paul Miller and Communication Support Worker Nicole Vivien Watson.
Facilitated as an informal workshop activity in conjunction with the company’s performances of Auricular, Paul and Nicole will offer participants an introduction to British Sign Language and an insight into the making of Auricular.
Dance City and BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art firstly commissioned Auricular in 2014 and in 2015. Now with support from Arts Council England and partnering organisations, Auricular will be presented in April 2017 at CCA Glasgow, Berwick Visual Arts and at Turner Contemporary.
Directed by Nicole Vivien Watson in collaboration with the artists involved, Nicole comments “British Sign Language is a language of movement, space and expression. As a movement researcher and choreographer, I am fascinated by the depth and clarity of a language that does not rely on the spoken word”.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT
- The Wild Pear Tree