Supporting Democracy: Music and Words, Thursday 9 July, 2015 Siempre Bicycle Cafe
Supporting Democracy: Music and Words Part 4
Thursday 9 July, 2015
Siempre Bicycle Cafe
162 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow G116XE
If you think we have equality, you’re not paying attention
If you think this is democracy, you’re not paying attention
If you’re not angry, you’re not paying attention
Do you support democracy? Do you support equality? Are you angry at the prospect of another 5 years of Tory rule? It’s time to channel that into positive and creative energy to fuel the fight for real and radical change.
The campaign for #Holyrood2016 has already begun and more fundraising is needed than ever to support Glasgow Greens as we seek for more Green MSPs to be elected than ever before and for Patrick Harvie MSP to be re-elected as the constituency MSP for Kelvin. #Harvie4Kelvin! At this event we are jointly fundraising for Woodlands Community Garden Cafe
Please come along for a night of inspiring music, spoken word/poetry and speakers including Patrick Harvie MSP, Tim Cowen, manager of Woodlands Community Garden and Christy Mearns, Green candidate for the upcoming Anderston/City by-election.
Josephine Sillars: Singer songwriter originally from the Highlands but now based in Glasgow. After releasing her debut EP in March, Josephine toured Scotland on a headline tour and has a series of festivals coming up for 2015.
Liam McCormick: Liam McCormick is a poet who eats, sleeps and performs in Glasgow. Sometimes he goes to Edinburgh- but he doesn’t trust towns built on volcanoes.
Rosanne Reid: I am a 22 year old singer-songwriter from Edinburgh, and have performed at various venues mainly in Scotland, sometimes acting as support for established artists. I was recently named as one of the four nominees for the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award.
Adam V Cheshire: Adam V. Cheshire has been writing compulsively since he was 16 and it’s starting to look like he’s not going to stop any time soon despite the fact that he currently makes no money from it. Cutting his performative teeth on Cardiff’s lacklustre spoken word scene in the early 21st century before going into hiding Adam spent several years flailing about in the arse-end of Ayrshire before crash landing in Glasgow in 2013.
Liam Hainey: Liam Hainey is a writer/poet. He has lived in Glasgow for years but is orginally from Falkirk, as such he avoids writing about the Kelpies. Cricket, football and board games take up most of his free time.
Charlotte Le Good
Paul Malcolm: Paul Malcolm has worked both as a session musician and as a solo singer songwriter in his own right for a number of years. As a session musician Paul has played for a diverse range of acts such as The Supernaturals, Paulo Nuttini, The Temperance Movement and Frank O’Hagan to name but a few.
Kirsty Nicolson – Performance Poet: Stornoway blone biding Glasgow, Kirsty was lured into performance poetry by her love of a good story and obsession with intonation patterns.
Tom Davis : Tom “Snowball” Davis- melodic acoustic pop with a bit of country thrown in.
Doors 7pm. Performers from 7:30. Entry: suggested £5+ donation payable nue is fully licensed, fully accessible and dog-friendly. No under 18s after 8pm due to licensing laws. on the door. Maximum 70 capacity so recommend to arrive early. The venue is fully licensed, fully accessible and dog-friendly. No under 18s after 8pm due to licensing laws.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide
- Aye Write: Tribes of Glasgow review by Pat Byrne
- Aye Write – celebration of writing from community based literacy and creative writing learners
- Neil Oliver at Aye Write 2019 review by Mary Irvine
- Edwyn Collins at Monorail Music
- Book Launch: Welcome to the Heady Heights by David Ross
- Frank Turner at Aye Write
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Andrew O’Hagan Creative Conversations
- Launch of The Blame Game C.J. Cooke
- Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig
- Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
- Aye Write 2019 Angela Chadwick & Sarah Davis- Goff
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Monisha Rajesh
- Love Music Hate Racism at The Blue Arrow
- Evening of discussion: poetry and film with Sawsan Al-Areeqe
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme