Support Glasgow Film Theatre
Help the GFT provide Cinema for All
GFT enriches the lives of thousands of children, young people and audiences of all ages, abilities and backgrounds through the power of cinema.
They are a registered charity with self-generated income from cinema ticket sales, bars and private hire of screens – this covers 60% of the costs of running GFT and their community projects.
They need YOUR support to ensure that GFT can continue to provide Cinema for All. Your donations can help them to continue activities such as:
- Visible Cinema – accessible film screenings for D/deaf and hard of hearing audiences. A captioned or subtitled screening is followed by a post-film discussion with integrated BSL and Speech to Text service. Working with interpreters and key organisations to ensure staff and volunteers are equipped with the training and skills to provide a relaxed and welcoming environment.
- Access Film Club – a monthly autism-friendly screening and discussion group. We work alongside Scottish Autism to provide this opportunity for people with additional needs to enjoy a mainstream social activity that may ordinarily be out of reach. We were the first cinema in the UK to scoop the National Autistic Society’s Autism Friendly Award.
- Children & Young People Engagement – working with young people to develop skills and opportunities
Donate here or add a donation when completing a GFT purchase online or at GFT box office.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Do The Right Thing CineMasters Spike Lee at GFT
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema