Super Heroes Christmas Exhibition, ProjectAbility 1 – 15 December, 2016
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
Superheroes for sale!
Our annual Christmas exhibition of 2016 celebrates the brave, the bold and the magical world of Superheroes!
Superman, one of our oldest and most loved superheroes, was created way back in 1933 by two high school students in Ohio. A few years later he acquired his legendary cape, tights and boots and with this new fashion statement he changed the world of the super human persona forever.
The idea of the Superhero quickly began to grow arms, legs, wings, tails and more! We love a good (and bad) superhero, and there are plenty out there to choose from. Come celebrate the idea of the super human, the super natural, and the super powerful Superhero with us this December. Many of the artworks will be for sale; making this your chance to own your own original Superhero, or give a gift of a Superhero for Christmas!
As always, our artists have generously shared their creativity and explored this theme as widely as imaginable. Artists from across all three of our workshops, Create, Aspire and ReConnect, have all been asked to submit works for this show, along with a public call out for submissions out-with Project Ability.
There are paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics, and more on display from 2 – 23 December.
Project Ability’s Superheroes is an inclusive exhibition for artists with different lived experience and ability to come together to celebrate diversity, creativity and the idea of the Superhero. The holiday season is a great time of year to show your support for the work we do by admiring and/or purchasing truly unique artworks for your friends and family. We support the artistic adventures and aspirations of children and young people with disabilities, people with mental ill-health and people with learning disabilities.
In addition to the Superheroes exhibition, our gallery shop will be packed with unique and affordable gift ideas; including bags, cards, paintings, prints, sculptures, brooches and lots more!
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017