A Summer Breeze, Thistle Gallery, Kelvinbridge, 30 June – 4 September, 2016
A Summer Breeze……….
……. wafts into the spacious Thistle Gallery in Glasgow’s leafy West End throughout July and August, 2016. Here you will find a vivid array of paintings and objets d’art from some of Scotland’s most popular Contemporary Artists. With over 90 paintings exhibited. This rotational Show will be refreshed several times before it closes on September 4th.
Participating Artists Include:
Pam Glennie; Ian Rawnsley; Sheila Fowler; Ross Muir; Cecilia Cardiff; Ian Rawnsley; Jackie Henderson; Sam Skelton; Sandra; Moffat; Iain Gordon; Hazel Nagl; Ian Elliot; Linda Park; Stanley Bird; Gillian Henshaw; Michael Murison; Madeleine Hand; Mark Holden; Pauline Patrick; Andrew Kenny; Kristina Dickson; Fraser Shaw; Tamsin Thomson; Andy Hurst; Jacs Falconer; William McLean Kerr; Georgie Young; John Wetten Brown; Gail Stirling Robertson; Les Adams; Gillian Sim; Stan Milne; Belinda MacDonald; and Michelle Cohen.
Original and unique artisan glasswork is also featured in our Show including Dorte Pape’s popular glass birds from the garden and the seashore; Marc Peters vibrant vessels and Gill Chessnut’s superbly textured candle ‘waves’.
Work by nine exceptional jewellers is now featured in our display cabinets including Amanda Johnson’s contemporary etched glass ‘Treasured Insects’ range; Robin Kinsman Blake’s exquisite circus inspired silver and gold designs; David Murray’s ‘Mindful’ jewellery which is as intricate as it is thought provoking …..using as it does deconstructed watches for brooches and framed time pieces; Alexa Hope’s delightfully organic range of very wearable jewellery pieces; Helen Swan whose contemporary vibrant aluminium Collection uses brass, steel, silver, rubber and of course aluminium; Eileen McAllister whose range of copper and silver jewellery are distinctive and feature designs inspired by spices like star anise, cardamom seeds and cassia cinnamon bark; Clare Spencer who takes as her inspiration the topography of Scotland’s islands and lochs in her delicate copper and silver range of earrings, cuffs, necklaces and brooches; Alicia MacInnes whose vivid glass jewellery is truly textural and finally new to the Gallery is Carol Docherty whose substantial and often intricate designs include exquisite double sided heart necklaces, fir cone brooches, skull rings, necklaces and earrings and appropriately enough thistles.
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend