A Summer Breeze, Thistle Gallery, Kelvinbridge, 30 June – 4 September, 2016
A Summer Breeze……….
……. wafts into the spacious Thistle Gallery in Glasgow’s leafy West End throughout July and August, 2016. Here you will find a vivid array of paintings and objets d’art from some of Scotland’s most popular Contemporary Artists. With over 90 paintings exhibited. This rotational Show will be refreshed several times before it closes on September 4th.
Participating Artists Include:
Pam Glennie; Ian Rawnsley; Sheila Fowler; Ross Muir; Cecilia Cardiff; Ian Rawnsley; Jackie Henderson; Sam Skelton; Sandra; Moffat; Iain Gordon; Hazel Nagl; Ian Elliot; Linda Park; Stanley Bird; Gillian Henshaw; Michael Murison; Madeleine Hand; Mark Holden; Pauline Patrick; Andrew Kenny; Kristina Dickson; Fraser Shaw; Tamsin Thomson; Andy Hurst; Jacs Falconer; William McLean Kerr; Georgie Young; John Wetten Brown; Gail Stirling Robertson; Les Adams; Gillian Sim; Stan Milne; Belinda MacDonald; and Michelle Cohen.
Original and unique artisan glasswork is also featured in our Show including Dorte Pape’s popular glass birds from the garden and the seashore; Marc Peters vibrant vessels and Gill Chessnut’s superbly textured candle ‘waves’.
Work by nine exceptional jewellers is now featured in our display cabinets including Amanda Johnson’s contemporary etched glass ‘Treasured Insects’ range; Robin Kinsman Blake’s exquisite circus inspired silver and gold designs; David Murray’s ‘Mindful’ jewellery which is as intricate as it is thought provoking …..using as it does deconstructed watches for brooches and framed time pieces; Alexa Hope’s delightfully organic range of very wearable jewellery pieces; Helen Swan whose contemporary vibrant aluminium Collection uses brass, steel, silver, rubber and of course aluminium; Eileen McAllister whose range of copper and silver jewellery are distinctive and feature designs inspired by spices like star anise, cardamom seeds and cassia cinnamon bark; Clare Spencer who takes as her inspiration the topography of Scotland’s islands and lochs in her delicate copper and silver range of earrings, cuffs, necklaces and brooches; Alicia MacInnes whose vivid glass jewellery is truly textural and finally new to the Gallery is Carol Docherty whose substantial and often intricate designs include exquisite double sided heart necklaces, fir cone brooches, skull rings, necklaces and earrings and appropriately enough thistles.
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School