Summer Breeze Exhibition, Thistle Gallery, 24 June – 3 September, 2017
Thistle Gallery’s much anticipated ‘Summer Breeze’ starts Saturday, 24 June with a superb range of over 100 new artworks from some of Scotland’s most accomplished artists…….featuring profound figurative portraits by Paul Kennedy, Julie Coulter, Ross Muir and Sam Skelton, lyrical landscapes of Scotland and the Mediterranean by James Somerville Lindsay, Sandra Moffat, Ian Elliot, Jackie Henderson, Ian Rawnsley, Ann Armstrong, Ian Gordon, Sheila Fowler and Linda Park to name but a few. Still Lives by Pam Glennie, Gillian Henshaw and some original ‘larger than life’ beach scenes from the unique brush of Joan Somerville.
As always, exclusive and exquisite jewellery ranges from Carol Docherty, Alexa Hope, Helen Swan, Clare Spencer, Catherine Lowe, Eileen McAlister, Amanda Johnson and Robyn Kinsman Blake.
We are also delighted to be featuring gifted ceramicist Angela Pointon’s new flamingos and elephants range and of course the ever popular canine sculptures of Alex Johannsen and Dorte Pape’s remarkable glass birds which continue to fly out the door!
Finally, colourful and contemporary designer scarves from Iona Crawford and Siobahn Gray, bespoke cushions by Susan Mylne featuring Scottish Highlands and Islands and by contrast, using Scottish slate, artist Lesley Lockett’s cheeseboards and clocks come in every shape and size including …… flora and fauna, islands, hearts, teapots etc all of which make unique gifts.
Thistle’s largest exhibition of the year will continue throughout the Summer until September 3rd 2017,
‘Do visit the Gallery where we are always approachable but never predictable!’
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
- The Last Leaf – a poem for Autumn by Catriona Malan
- Leela Soma: ‘Vermillion’ a poem for Autumn
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow