Summer Breeze Exhibition, Thistle Gallery, 24 June – 3 September, 2017
Thistle Gallery’s much anticipated ‘Summer Breeze’ starts Saturday, 24 June with a superb range of over 100 new artworks from some of Scotland’s most accomplished artists…….featuring profound figurative portraits by Paul Kennedy, Julie Coulter, Ross Muir and Sam Skelton, lyrical landscapes of Scotland and the Mediterranean by James Somerville Lindsay, Sandra Moffat, Ian Elliot, Jackie Henderson, Ian Rawnsley, Ann Armstrong, Ian Gordon, Sheila Fowler and Linda Park to name but a few. Still Lives by Pam Glennie, Gillian Henshaw and some original ‘larger than life’ beach scenes from the unique brush of Joan Somerville.
As always, exclusive and exquisite jewellery ranges from Carol Docherty, Alexa Hope, Helen Swan, Clare Spencer, Catherine Lowe, Eileen McAlister, Amanda Johnson and Robyn Kinsman Blake.
We are also delighted to be featuring gifted ceramicist Angela Pointon’s new flamingos and elephants range and of course the ever popular canine sculptures of Alex Johannsen and Dorte Pape’s remarkable glass birds which continue to fly out the door!
Finally, colourful and contemporary designer scarves from Iona Crawford and Siobahn Gray, bespoke cushions by Susan Mylne featuring Scottish Highlands and Islands and by contrast, using Scottish slate, artist Lesley Lockett’s cheeseboards and clocks come in every shape and size including …… flora and fauna, islands, hearts, teapots etc all of which make unique gifts.
Thistle’s largest exhibition of the year will continue throughout the Summer until September 3rd 2017,
‘Do visit the Gallery where we are always approachable but never predictable!’
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Valentine Haiku by Leela Soma
- Hearts for Art’s Sake, Valentine’s Gifts at Thistle Gallery
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Everything in my Etsy shop is on sale: framed prints include classic views of the West End
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Poetry at Inn Deep, Tuesday 14 November, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
- Carol Dunbar, Gallery Owner: Local Character, Glasgow West End