Stuart MacBride, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
CRIME WRITER STUART MACBRIDE
7 January 2019 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Stuart MacBride was born in Dumbarton near Glasgow but grew up in Aberdeen. He is the bestselling author of several novels featuring Detective Sergeant Logan McRae and set in the “Granite City” of Aberdeen. The Blood Road is the twelfth book in the series. He has been shortlisted for the Theakstons Old Peculiar Crime Novel of the Year Award twice. Stuart won the 2007 CWA Dagger in the Library, awarded for a body of work that has long been popular with borrowers from libraries, and was named Best Breakthrough Author at the 2008 ITV Crime Thriller Awards. Outside of his writing, Macbride is noted for being one of the initial ten batch of people in the Aberdeen Hall of Heroes and being crowned World Stovies Champion in 2014. He also won Celebrity Mastermind in 2017 with a specialist subject on the life and works of A. A. Milne.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series crime writer Stuart MacBride comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- World Without Walls with musician and songwriter Brian McFall
- Novelist Sarah Moss Creative Conversations
- Women and Rent Strikes Red Clydeside at the Mitchell Library
- Tell It Slant Express Yourself on Burns Night
- Rachael Allen, Creative Conversations
- Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
- Scottish National Poetry Slam January 2019
- Charlie Gracie, Meet the Author, Fruin Farm review by Mary Irvine
- This Is Not A Burns Night, Govanhill Community Baths Trust
- Caro Ramsay, Plotting Your Novel
- Stuart MacBride, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Literary Lounge – Alternative Burns
- Love Music Hate Racism, The Arlington
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre