Stuart MacBride, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
CRIME WRITER STUART MACBRIDE
7 January 2019 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Stuart MacBride was born in Dumbarton near Glasgow but grew up in Aberdeen. He is the bestselling author of several novels featuring Detective Sergeant Logan McRae and set in the “Granite City” of Aberdeen. The Blood Road is the twelfth book in the series. He has been shortlisted for the Theakstons Old Peculiar Crime Novel of the Year Award twice. Stuart won the 2007 CWA Dagger in the Library, awarded for a body of work that has long been popular with borrowers from libraries, and was named Best Breakthrough Author at the 2008 ITV Crime Thriller Awards. Outside of his writing, Macbride is noted for being one of the initial ten batch of people in the Aberdeen Hall of Heroes and being crowned World Stovies Champion in 2014. He also won Celebrity Mastermind in 2017 with a specialist subject on the life and works of A. A. Milne.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series crime writer Stuart MacBride comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- Dialogue Road Show
- Anne Donovan Scottish Writers Centre
- Kathleen Winter, Creative Conversations