Still Moving: Films and Photographs of Ulrike Ottinger, The Hunterian
20 April – 29 July 2018
Hunterian Art Gallery
This solo exhibition profiles the influential filmmaker and artist Ulrike Ottinger, whose work has rarely been exhibited in the UK.
Still Moving features a range of Ottinger’s photographic prints and some short film works.
This is the first solo exhibition of Ulrike Ottinger’s films and photographs to take place in a UK art gallery and is part of Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art 2018. A special programme of screenings of her feature-length work accompanies the exhibition during the Festival (20 April – 8 May).
Image: Ulrike Ottinger, Begegnung im Grasland, 1988. Colour photograph. Context: Johanna d’Arc of Mongolia, Altan Gol, Mongolia. Courtesy of the artist.
The Hunterian University of Glasgow, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art - what's on, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Galleries, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Yikes Film Club presents Grand Budapest Hotel
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT
- Donbass GFT
- Submissions Glasgow Film Festival
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design