Stage to Page, The Tron, 18 April, 2016.
Stage to Page is a voluntary collective of writers, directors and actors who meet monthly to conduct short public workshops of scenes from brand new plays. This lively exploration of new writing is an opportunity for writers to be actively involved in an exciting, short workshop process, hear their work being read and get feedback from directors, actors and audiences. Find out about submission guidelines or come along on the night to join in or just observe the process from page to stage!
Come along and see a scene from a new full-length play, Trust No One, by Magi Gibson – staged in a rehearsed reading at From Stage to Page On Monday 18th April as part of TalkFest at the Tron. The play will be directed by Sam Rowe. Actors will be chosen on the night.
Magi Gibson is well known throughout Scotland and beyond as a poet.
She has held three Scottish Arts Council Creative Writing Fellowships and one Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellowship with the University of Paisley. She was the first Makar (Poet Laureate) of the City of Stirling in 500 years, and in 2009 was awarded a major Scottish Arts Council bursary. She was Reader in Residence with Glasgow Women’s Library from 2012 – 2015, where she ran many creative writing workshops and hosted poets from India, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Jamaica and Palestine. She is a patron of the Federation of Writers Scotland.
Selection of the scenes was anonymous – a scene from Ian Macpherson’s play, Two Men, One Lighthouse, was also selected. To be directed by Sarah McCardie.
TalkFest at the Tron is a mini-festival celebrating the work Scotland’s playwrights. Packed with new playwriting, rehearsed readings, discussions, workshops, script surgeries and networking opportunities.
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT