St Andrews Day Festival, 30 November, 2014, SWG3
It’s Street Feastival time again, and this time we’re throwing a St Andrew’s Day party along with event partners Homecoming Scotland 2014 to celebrate Scottish contemporary culture. This special Street Feastival curates the very best in Scottish street food, street art, spoken word and music.
We think we should celebrate St Andrew’s Day properly with the full KILTR treatment by showcasing what modern Scotland is all about… Street food using the finest ingredients from the Scottish larder, Scottish craft beer and cider, the cream of underground Scottish live music with live art installations created by some of Scotland’s most respected graffiti artists. Fittingly, the event takes place in the creative hub that is SWG3, one of the city’s most interesting multi-discipline arts space, nestled in the heart of Glasgow’s west end.
The overarching theme of the event (over and above the great food) is about experience and sense of community. Bring friends, family or children, all will get a warm Scottish welcome!
Get down from 12pm for some delicious St Andrew’s themed street eats. Aye Love Real Food will be offering their range of gourmet free range scotch eggs, including pork and Stornoway black pudding scotch eggs and hearty slow cooked pulled beef stovies! Warm up with a comforting bowl of venison and buckfast stew or sample a haggis and Mull of Kintyre cheese toastie from It’s All Food. Babu Bombay Street Kitchen, a Street Feastival favourite will be offering the best of Indian street food with a Scottish twist! With plenty of veggie options and children’s portions available too, and a craft beer and cider bar we’ve got all bases covered!
During the day the music will be curated by the Street Feastival residents DJs including PVK, Ewan Chambers, and David Barbarossa, whose eclectic tastes encompass everything from reggae to hip hop, soul, funk, disco, electronic and jazz.
From 2pm our live street art jam begins, with three of Scotland’s most respected artists: Conzo, Davro and 5pence, interspersed with an audible feast of spoken word by Alan Bissett, Sam Small and Cat Hepburn.
After 7pm the focus shifts to the best in underground live music talent, with performances from Loki, Tijuana Bibles and Atom Tree, fresh from their recordings at the Red Bull Studio’s, with the evening being closed by a special headline DJ set from Subculture’s Harri b2b with The Revenge.
A celebration of contemporary Scotland on St Andrew’s Day
Sunday 30th November 2014
Noon – Midnight
SWG3, 100 Eastvale Place, Glasgow
FREE BEFORE 2PM
£5 AFTER – KIDS GO FREE
Get your tickets: http://rki.lt/1xgMxoq
AYE LOVE REAL FOOD
IT’S ALL FOOD
BABU BOMBAY STREET KITCHEN
LIVE STREET ART:
TUNES FROM STREET FEASTIVAL DJs ALL DAY:
SPECIAL B2B SET:
HARRI B2B THE REVENGE
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018