SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
Fri 7 December 2018
Promising police cadet Young-nam is sent to work in a small seaside village after her lesbian relationship is outed to her bosses in Seoul. Here, she meets a bullied teenager, Sun Dohee, and quickly becomes her trusted friend and defender. But as Young-nam looks further into Dohee’s family life, she discovers a history of abuse by her stepfather, Yong-ha, whose own murky past masks the history of exploitative labour practices that have led to his becoming a powerful figure in the town.–
Film in the Korean language with English language subtitles/captions. Hearing loop available.
Film relies on visual material to convey ideas and contains no English language, so is less accessible for blind and partially sighted audiences. Large print versions of handouts available.
Comfy seating (bean bags) available. If you would like to reserve this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a limited travel fund to assist people to come to the Festival for those who could not otherwise afford to attend. If you would like to apply for this, please contact email@example.com.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema, LGBT Glasgow
- Arctic, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Belgian Cinema ‘Both Sides Now’, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Cubanos: Woman and the Revolution
- SQIFF Shorts on Tour presented with STUC LGBT+ Committee, CCA
- An Impossible Love GFT
- Weekend: Valentine’s Day The Seamore
- Access Film Club High Fidelity, GFT
- Roma at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Film Screening: Les Enfants de Mishwar