Speak Easy at South Side Fringe with Scottish Writers, 16 May, 2017
Tuesday, 16 May, 2017 – 7 p.m.
Art Village, Festival Centre, Unit 12, Shawlands Shopping Cenre, 104 Kilmarnock Road, G41 3NN
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. Scottish Writers offer an evening of poetry and prose where anything goes!
The Scottish Writers’ Centre is hosting a Speakeasy & Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to come along. Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and with rocking themes of the May Celtic Festival of Beltane – ‘Fire and Fertility.’ Beltane celebrates the beginning of summer and the welcoming of the sun’s heat with Bonfires kindled as part of the great Celtic Feast day centred on the fertility of the new season and heralding the beginning of Summer’s renewed spirit with the magical intention of increasing the land’s yield.
In the tradition of Beltane, fan the flames of passion and the fire in your soul, and keep the world alight by sharing your stories. Share your fiery moments to keep the Beltane fires burning throughout May.
It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action.
The SWC is a registered Charity, SCO40823.
We welcome donations to help Scottish Writers bring future events to you.
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- The Thursday Show at The Stand, West End Festival 2019
- A Stab in the Dark : Murder on Byres Road West End Festival 2019
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Dusty Won’t Play at OranMor, West End Festival
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Restless Natives – a screening West End Festival