Speak Easy at South Side Fringe with Scottish Writers, 16 May, 2017
Tuesday, 16 May, 2017 – 7 p.m.
Art Village, Festival Centre, Unit 12, Shawlands Shopping Cenre, 104 Kilmarnock Road, G41 3NN
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. Scottish Writers offer an evening of poetry and prose where anything goes!
The Scottish Writers’ Centre is hosting a Speakeasy & Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to come along. Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and with rocking themes of the May Celtic Festival of Beltane – ‘Fire and Fertility.’ Beltane celebrates the beginning of summer and the welcoming of the sun’s heat with Bonfires kindled as part of the great Celtic Feast day centred on the fertility of the new season and heralding the beginning of Summer’s renewed spirit with the magical intention of increasing the land’s yield.
In the tradition of Beltane, fan the flames of passion and the fire in your soul, and keep the world alight by sharing your stories. Share your fiery moments to keep the Beltane fires burning throughout May.
It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action.
The SWC is a registered Charity, SCO40823.
We welcome donations to help Scottish Writers bring future events to you.
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies