Speak Easy at South Side Fringe with Scottish Writers, 16 May, 2017
Tuesday, 16 May, 2017 – 7 p.m.
Art Village, Festival Centre, Unit 12, Shawlands Shopping Cenre, 104 Kilmarnock Road, G41 3NN
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. Scottish Writers offer an evening of poetry and prose where anything goes!
The Scottish Writers’ Centre is hosting a Speakeasy & Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to come along. Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and with rocking themes of the May Celtic Festival of Beltane – ‘Fire and Fertility.’ Beltane celebrates the beginning of summer and the welcoming of the sun’s heat with Bonfires kindled as part of the great Celtic Feast day centred on the fertility of the new season and heralding the beginning of Summer’s renewed spirit with the magical intention of increasing the land’s yield.
In the tradition of Beltane, fan the flames of passion and the fire in your soul, and keep the world alight by sharing your stories. Share your fiery moments to keep the Beltane fires burning throughout May.
It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action.
The SWC is a registered Charity, SCO40823.
We welcome donations to help Scottish Writers bring future events to you.
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library