Speak Easy at South Side Fringe with Scottish Writers, 16 May, 2017
Tuesday, 16 May, 2017 – 7 p.m.
Art Village, Festival Centre, Unit 12, Shawlands Shopping Cenre, 104 Kilmarnock Road, G41 3NN
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. Scottish Writers offer an evening of poetry and prose where anything goes!
The Scottish Writers’ Centre is hosting a Speakeasy & Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to come along. Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and with rocking themes of the May Celtic Festival of Beltane – ‘Fire and Fertility.’ Beltane celebrates the beginning of summer and the welcoming of the sun’s heat with Bonfires kindled as part of the great Celtic Feast day centred on the fertility of the new season and heralding the beginning of Summer’s renewed spirit with the magical intention of increasing the land’s yield.
In the tradition of Beltane, fan the flames of passion and the fire in your soul, and keep the world alight by sharing your stories. Share your fiery moments to keep the Beltane fires burning throughout May.
It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action.
The SWC is a registered Charity, SCO40823.
We welcome donations to help Scottish Writers bring future events to you.
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine