Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
Friday 12 July, 2019 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Kelvingrove Bandstand. Kelvin Way, Glasgow G12 8NR
As part of the Glasgow Life Community Summer Programme at the Bandstand on Friday 12th July between 12.00-5.00pm there will be afternoon of music hosted by Warren Starry Sky of top Scottish indie pop band Starry Skies. Host Alistair Braidwood of Scots Whay Hae!
The free event is titled ‘Songs of Love and Freedom’ and for any singers, poets, songwriters or bands who have perhaps always wanted the chance to perform at the Kelvingrove Bandstand – now is your chance to do so.
In addition to Warren performing songs from recent Starry Skies album ‘Be Kind’, which has had rave reviews both in the UK and the USA, the Bandstand stage will be opened up to budding performers of all ages and styles.
Although there will also be a few more established acts (and some very well known indeed) playing on the day as special guests, the majority of the day will be given over to those who would like to play one or two songs or even recite a poem on the famous Kelvingrove Bandstand stage.
For those who don’t have a suitable instrument to do their songs justice then Starry Skies are offering their Gibson Hummingbird and Martin acoustic guitars for you to use. There will also be a bass and guitar amp and small drum kit.
To play at this free event then get there early and put your name down. Kelvingrove Bandstand gates will open at 11.30 a.m.
People are also encouraged to bring their own food and drink to enjoy a summer picnic at the venue.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide, Music, Pat's Home Page Blog
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Govanhill Carnival Parade 2019
- Govanhill International Festival 2019
- Mother Courage and Her Children by Tom Leonard
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Cuba Libre, Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Lids Open Day, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Record Fair at Nice n Sleazy
- Don’t miss the summer sale at Jasmine, Glasgow West End
- The Lansdowne Mother India Tapas review by Pat Byrne
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library