The Skids and From The Jam Kelvingrove Bandstand 17 June, 2018
17 June, 2018 7 p.m.
The Skids are a Scottish punk/ rock band formed in 1977. Their biggest success was the single titled ‘Into the Valley’, ‘Masquerade’, ‘Working For The Yankee Dollar’, ‘Sweet Surburbia’, ‘The Saints Are Coming’ and more.
They released their first album in 35 years, “Burning Cities” in 2017.
Current line-up is Richard Jobson, Mike Baillie, Bruce Watson, Jamie Watson and Bill Simpson.
Founder Stuart Adamson went on to form Big Country before sadly passing away in 2001.
Kelvingrove Bandstand, Kelvin Way, Glasgow G12 8NR
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions