Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
8 March, 2019
The Glad Cafe (Glad Cafe drawing by Art by Arjo)
A night of story, song, tears and laughter celebrating, honouring and discovering the wonderful people who identify as women.
In recognition of International Women’s day musicians, comedians and poets join singer-songwriter Chiara Berardelli who launches her one woman show Seamonster, the Story about her experience of being childless not by choice and her quest for being ok with that.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
All proceeds go to the Ubuntu Women’s Shelter
Ubuntu Women’s Shelter
Is a Glasgow based charity dedicated to meeting emergency and short term accommodation needs of women who are destitute with no recourse to public funds. We are the first service in the UK run and managed by people with lived experience of migration, asylum and destitution. We are in direct resistance to the hostile environment and have an ethos of no borders and refuse to consent to the current border regime.
Our services include hosting women, referrals and advocacy and are designed to meet the unique emotional and psychological needs of women excluded from homelessness and welfare services and housing. We welcome women with failed asylum claim, who have been granted refugee status but destitute and awaiting support and housing.
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab
- Aye Write: Frank Quitely The Comics That Made Me
- Tracey Thorn at Aye Write
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Queen Margaret Union
- Lola in Slacks Single Launch at Websters
- David Keenan and Chris McQueer in Conversation
- Lorna Goodison, Poet Laureate of Jamaica in Conversation with Louise Welsh
- Glasgow Goes Green
- Clochoderick Press Presents an Evening of Poetry and Spoken Word