Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
8 March, 2019
The Glad Cafe (Glad Cafe drawing by Art by Arjo)
A night of story, song, tears and laughter celebrating, honouring and discovering the wonderful people who identify as women.
In recognition of International Women’s day musicians, comedians and poets join singer-songwriter Chiara Berardelli who launches her one woman show Seamonster, the Story about her experience of being childless not by choice and her quest for being ok with that.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
All proceeds go to the Ubuntu Women’s Shelter
Ubuntu Women’s Shelter
Is a Glasgow based charity dedicated to meeting emergency and short term accommodation needs of women who are destitute with no recourse to public funds. We are the first service in the UK run and managed by people with lived experience of migration, asylum and destitution. We are in direct resistance to the hostile environment and have an ethos of no borders and refuse to consent to the current border regime.
Our services include hosting women, referrals and advocacy and are designed to meet the unique emotional and psychological needs of women excluded from homelessness and welfare services and housing. We welcome women with failed asylum claim, who have been granted refugee status but destitute and awaiting support and housing.
- School for Civic Imagination CCA
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- KeanuCon 2019 CCA
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre
- The 33rd Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- Seven Song Club, Lynnie Carson , Rebecca Jordan and Bearpit Brothers
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Joe Hullait, Scot Squad Writer at QMU
- The Carlton 3, Peat Stew at The Shandon Belles The Buttery
- Creative Conversations, Kathleen Winter
- New Writings Showcase, Scottish Writers’ Centre
- Ian Macpherson, Comedy Writing Workshop
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Chris Brookmyre, Aye Write
- Poetry at The Parlour Glasgow West End
- Speakin Cajun CCA
- Jen Fairgrieve at Tchai Ovna House of Tea
- The Big Clothes Swop at the Ice Box
- Songs in the South: David Starr, Martha L Healy and Al Shields