Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
8 March, 2019
The Glad Cafe (Glad Cafe drawing by Art by Arjo)
A night of story, song, tears and laughter celebrating, honouring and discovering the wonderful people who identify as women.
In recognition of International Women’s day musicians, comedians and poets join singer-songwriter Chiara Berardelli who launches her one woman show Seamonster, the Story about her experience of being childless not by choice and her quest for being ok with that.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
All proceeds go to the Ubuntu Women’s Shelter
Ubuntu Women’s Shelter
Is a Glasgow based charity dedicated to meeting emergency and short term accommodation needs of women who are destitute with no recourse to public funds. We are the first service in the UK run and managed by people with lived experience of migration, asylum and destitution. We are in direct resistance to the hostile environment and have an ethos of no borders and refuse to consent to the current border regime.
Our services include hosting women, referrals and advocacy and are designed to meet the unique emotional and psychological needs of women excluded from homelessness and welfare services and housing. We welcome women with failed asylum claim, who have been granted refugee status but destitute and awaiting support and housing.
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody