Show With String Section, Saint Luke’s, 6 May, 2016
Come to the Fabulon
A New International
With a special invitation eight piece string section.
Special Guests: The Glasgow School of Art Choir
6 May, 2016 at St Luke’s – 8 p.m.
‘We’ve wanted to do this for as long as I can remember: a show with a lovely, big sweeping string section. Ho, ho! So here we go.’
Ladies and Gentlemen, on Friday 6th May we will be proud to present to you a full band performance of songs from “Come to the Fabulon”, a sneaky peek or two at never-before-seen songs from the next album and maybe even one or two rare and exotic cover versions, all played with a special invitational select string section assembled by the formidable Mr Pete Harvey, featuring guest musicians from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and The People’s Republic of Yorkshire.
We are very excited to announce that the special guests for the show are even more special than we could have hoped for. Sharing the stage with us shall be The Glasgow School of Art Choir.
Roll up folks and come to the Fabulon, for one night only, featuring a cast of thousands, in glorious technicolour with sweeping strings and a heavenly choir in a never to be repeated double bill of musical thrills, all for £8 (cheap!)
Tell your friends.
(Photography by Martin Gray)
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT
- The Wild Pear Tree