Cirkis Made to Measure Dance Costumes
Salsa, tap, jive and ballroom - always a dancer's city Glasgow's favourite activity has spread far and wide, with an ever growing number of enthusiasts, competitors and dance schools.
Lisa Templeman and her partner Steven McTear have been working in partnership since they met while studying design and textile at College. Since setting up their dress design business, Cirkis, a couple of years back they have moved more and more into a niche that they both love and that is designing made to measure dance costumes.
Lisa did some disco dancing as a teenager and had lots of fun customising her own costumes with sequins and bright colours. Just to make them a bit different.
"About a year ago we got talking to a local dance teacher who knew we sold made to measure clothes and she showed us some dance costumes. They looked like fun to make as you can be as creative as you want and it reminded me of how I always wanted my dance costume to be different from everyone else's."
Their venture has paid off with their made to measure, costumes very much in demand. A lot of the ready to wear ones are very similar and only really cater for the one body size whereas Cirkis can create your own unique costume and it will be a perfect fit.
They have a wide range of fabrics available and can talk through the customers needs and discuss your ideas and preferences.
Costumes can be designed for children or adults and to your own specifications. Just get in touch with Lisa and have a chat about your requirements. Also watch out for Cirkis' promotional stands at dance exhibitions and competitions.
Telephone: 0141 952 5572
Further information: cirkisdancewear.co.uk
Unit 3, Clyde street business centre, 31 Clyde street, Clydebank, Glasgow, G81 1PF, 0141 952 5572
This section: Shopping
Filed under: Shopping
- Merchant Square Christmas Craft Fair
- Milngavie Makers Market at Christmas
- Pay What You Decide Christmas Market, The Space
- Cameron House Christmas Market, Loch Lomond
- Granny Would Be Proud, I.D. Pop Up Christmas Store, The Lighthouse
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Christmas made easy at Eusebi: gifts, hampers, party and pre-prepared food
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- The Glasgow Guild Christmas Department Store
- Wasps Artists and Makers Christmas Market, The Briggait
- Jill Creighton’s Blog: Hints and Tips on Christmas Shopping for Men
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Festive Fair and Craft Market Kibble Palace
- Phoenix Flight Training Cumbernauld
- Christmas Market, The Glad Cafe
- Glasgow West End, Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Switch On
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Discover Our Hidden Christmas, arts, crafts, meet the artisans Hidden Lane, Sat 25 November, 2017