Shawfest, September 12 – September 13, 2015, Partick
September 12 – September 13, 2015
Shawfest is a brand new Partick, Glasgow based festival. Named in honour of Fraser Shaw, the festival will consist of a range of activities for folk of all ages! The festival will raise funds for The Fraser Shaw Trust (www.frasershawtrust.com).
Saturday 12th Sept
St Peter’s Hall, Chancellor Street, Partick
Food, drinks, raffle, silent auction and much more!
Free until 7pm
£10 full price
TALISK (fiddle, guitar & concertina)
Winners of the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award, Talisk have already made a big impression on the folk music scene since their formation in August last year. The group also won a coveted Danny Kyle Award at Celtic Connections 2015 and have performed live in session on BBC Radio 2.
“Setting scary standards” – Simon Mayo, BBC Radio 2
Mohsen Amini (Concertina), Hayley Keenan (Fiddle) and Craig Irving (Guitar) utilise their strong individual backgrounds in Irish and Scottish music to create an award winning sound. The trio’s engaging and energetic performances have already landed them slots at some of Britain’s biggest festivals, including Cambridge Folk Festival, Celtic Connections and Fairport Convention’s Cropredy Festival.
Hannah Beaton W/ Innes Watson (Gaelic song w/ guitar)
Gráinne Brady & Tina Jordan Rees (fiddle & piano)
Gráinne and Tina are an exciting and original fiddle and piano duo based in Glasgow. Originally from Cavan and Lancashire the pair perform solely their own unique compositions. Since meeting in 2012, G&T have performed across Scotland, Ireland and England and in 2013 recorded an EP.
HIGH SPIRITS, the highly anticipated album by G&T, is packed full of newly composed tunes all written by Gráinne and Tina. The girls play fiddle, piano, flute and whistle and have guest musicians on guitar, double bass, bodhrán and accordion featuring on the album.
“It’s very rare you hear something that makes you go: ‘Wow! That’s totally original.'” Dick Gaughan
Ceilidh W/ Jenn, Lb & Friends
Sunday 13th Sept
The Sparkle Horse, Dowanhill Street, Partick
Tunes from 4pm hosted by Jamie Smith
Event on Facebook
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Sixth Jimmy Reid Annual Memorial Lecture 2018
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival