Shawfest, September 12 – September 13, 2015, Partick
September 12 – September 13, 2015
Shawfest is a brand new Partick, Glasgow based festival. Named in honour of Fraser Shaw, the festival will consist of a range of activities for folk of all ages! The festival will raise funds for The Fraser Shaw Trust (www.frasershawtrust.com).
Saturday 12th Sept
St Peter’s Hall, Chancellor Street, Partick
Food, drinks, raffle, silent auction and much more!
Free until 7pm
£10 full price
TALISK (fiddle, guitar & concertina)
Winners of the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award, Talisk have already made a big impression on the folk music scene since their formation in August last year. The group also won a coveted Danny Kyle Award at Celtic Connections 2015 and have performed live in session on BBC Radio 2.
“Setting scary standards” – Simon Mayo, BBC Radio 2
Mohsen Amini (Concertina), Hayley Keenan (Fiddle) and Craig Irving (Guitar) utilise their strong individual backgrounds in Irish and Scottish music to create an award winning sound. The trio’s engaging and energetic performances have already landed them slots at some of Britain’s biggest festivals, including Cambridge Folk Festival, Celtic Connections and Fairport Convention’s Cropredy Festival.
Hannah Beaton W/ Innes Watson (Gaelic song w/ guitar)
Gráinne Brady & Tina Jordan Rees (fiddle & piano)
Gráinne and Tina are an exciting and original fiddle and piano duo based in Glasgow. Originally from Cavan and Lancashire the pair perform solely their own unique compositions. Since meeting in 2012, G&T have performed across Scotland, Ireland and England and in 2013 recorded an EP.
HIGH SPIRITS, the highly anticipated album by G&T, is packed full of newly composed tunes all written by Gráinne and Tina. The girls play fiddle, piano, flute and whistle and have guest musicians on guitar, double bass, bodhrán and accordion featuring on the album.
“It’s very rare you hear something that makes you go: ‘Wow! That’s totally original.'” Dick Gaughan
Ceilidh W/ Jenn, Lb & Friends
Sunday 13th Sept
The Sparkle Horse, Dowanhill Street, Partick
Tunes from 4pm hosted by Jamie Smith
Event on Facebook
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Generations Working Together, Conference, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community