Shawfest, September 12 – September 13, 2015, Partick
September 12 – September 13, 2015
Shawfest is a brand new Partick, Glasgow based festival. Named in honour of Fraser Shaw, the festival will consist of a range of activities for folk of all ages! The festival will raise funds for The Fraser Shaw Trust (www.frasershawtrust.com).
Saturday 12th Sept
St Peter’s Hall, Chancellor Street, Partick
Food, drinks, raffle, silent auction and much more!
Free until 7pm
£10 full price
TALISK (fiddle, guitar & concertina)
Winners of the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award, Talisk have already made a big impression on the folk music scene since their formation in August last year. The group also won a coveted Danny Kyle Award at Celtic Connections 2015 and have performed live in session on BBC Radio 2.
“Setting scary standards” – Simon Mayo, BBC Radio 2
Mohsen Amini (Concertina), Hayley Keenan (Fiddle) and Craig Irving (Guitar) utilise their strong individual backgrounds in Irish and Scottish music to create an award winning sound. The trio’s engaging and energetic performances have already landed them slots at some of Britain’s biggest festivals, including Cambridge Folk Festival, Celtic Connections and Fairport Convention’s Cropredy Festival.
Hannah Beaton W/ Innes Watson (Gaelic song w/ guitar)
Gráinne Brady & Tina Jordan Rees (fiddle & piano)
Gráinne and Tina are an exciting and original fiddle and piano duo based in Glasgow. Originally from Cavan and Lancashire the pair perform solely their own unique compositions. Since meeting in 2012, G&T have performed across Scotland, Ireland and England and in 2013 recorded an EP.
HIGH SPIRITS, the highly anticipated album by G&T, is packed full of newly composed tunes all written by Gráinne and Tina. The girls play fiddle, piano, flute and whistle and have guest musicians on guitar, double bass, bodhrán and accordion featuring on the album.
“It’s very rare you hear something that makes you go: ‘Wow! That’s totally original.'” Dick Gaughan
Ceilidh W/ Jenn, Lb & Friends
Sunday 13th Sept
The Sparkle Horse, Dowanhill Street, Partick
Tunes from 4pm hosted by Jamie Smith
Event on Facebook
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Take One Action, GFT
- Extinction Rebellion Climate Carnival Renfrewshire
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Books at the Botanics
- Launch Govanhill Book Festival 2019
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Magical Enchanted Halloween Celebration Fair
- Seamonster – the Story at the Fringe Edinburgh Festival 2019
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival – EVENT POSTPONED
- Free Pride CCA