Shawfest, September 12 – September 13, 2015, Partick
September 12 – September 13, 2015
Shawfest is a brand new Partick, Glasgow based festival. Named in honour of Fraser Shaw, the festival will consist of a range of activities for folk of all ages! The festival will raise funds for The Fraser Shaw Trust (www.frasershawtrust.com).
Saturday 12th Sept
St Peter’s Hall, Chancellor Street, Partick
Food, drinks, raffle, silent auction and much more!
Free until 7pm
£10 full price
TALISK (fiddle, guitar & concertina)
Winners of the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award, Talisk have already made a big impression on the folk music scene since their formation in August last year. The group also won a coveted Danny Kyle Award at Celtic Connections 2015 and have performed live in session on BBC Radio 2.
“Setting scary standards” – Simon Mayo, BBC Radio 2
Mohsen Amini (Concertina), Hayley Keenan (Fiddle) and Craig Irving (Guitar) utilise their strong individual backgrounds in Irish and Scottish music to create an award winning sound. The trio’s engaging and energetic performances have already landed them slots at some of Britain’s biggest festivals, including Cambridge Folk Festival, Celtic Connections and Fairport Convention’s Cropredy Festival.
Hannah Beaton W/ Innes Watson (Gaelic song w/ guitar)
Gráinne Brady & Tina Jordan Rees (fiddle & piano)
Gráinne and Tina are an exciting and original fiddle and piano duo based in Glasgow. Originally from Cavan and Lancashire the pair perform solely their own unique compositions. Since meeting in 2012, G&T have performed across Scotland, Ireland and England and in 2013 recorded an EP.
HIGH SPIRITS, the highly anticipated album by G&T, is packed full of newly composed tunes all written by Gráinne and Tina. The girls play fiddle, piano, flute and whistle and have guest musicians on guitar, double bass, bodhrán and accordion featuring on the album.
“It’s very rare you hear something that makes you go: ‘Wow! That’s totally original.'” Dick Gaughan
Ceilidh W/ Jenn, Lb & Friends
Sunday 13th Sept
The Sparkle Horse, Dowanhill Street, Partick
Tunes from 4pm hosted by Jamie Smith
Event on Facebook
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Pride Glasgow 2018
- Glasgow Mela 2018
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- The Big Sunday, West End Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival Not Without Us, CCA
- West End Festival – What a Start
- Light up Gaza, Glasgow
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Museum of the Moon, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- LusoFilm The Invisible Life, CCA
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- It’s all kicking off at the West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- West End Festival Summer Programme 2018