Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover, 10 Dumbreck Rd, Glasgow G41 5BW
This series of workshops will explore some of the fundamentals of creative writing, in the special context of the Studio Pavilion as art space.
Participants are encouraged to follow the full course, however it is also possible to drop-in to individual workshops
Scribbling: Generating Material (Masterclass 1)
This workshop focuses on generating the raw material for writing through quick and playful exercises; drawing upon participant’s existing knowledge and experience as well as the material and sensual world.
Skeletons: Structural Experiments (Masterclass 2)
This workshop builds on the first to consider how the use of traditional and experimental forms of narrative structure can transform fragments of text into a body of writing.
Scratching: Editing Forms (Masterclass 3)
In this final workshop we explore practical and creative forms of editing, bringing writing closer to being publication-ready. If you have not attended a previous workshop on this course, please bring a piece of writing-in-progress with you.
Joanna Peace is an artist, writer and educator based in Glasgow. Committed to supporting creative writing practice, Joanna has worked with a number of groups and organisations across Scotland and internationally on writing and publishing projects. Her own works in fiction, poetry and criticism have been widely published, performed and exhibited. Joanna has held Lecturer positions at the Glasgow School of Art and Plymouth College of Art, and is a founding member of Publication Studio Glasgow. She holds a Masters from the Glasgow School of Art and in 2017 completed a PG Cert in Learning & Teaching.
PRICE £15 per class or Book all three Creative Writing masterclasses for £40
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Sophie Breustedt), or call 01414831619, or
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Love to Learn Open Day Glasgow Clyde College
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design