Selkie’s Song by Finola Scott
A poem about love. ‘Selkie’s Song’ published in NVP Anthology ‘The Second Tide’
From the depth of the blue night
Slip sliding back
beneath the white crests
of sheets, shivering,
I feel you barely waking, reach out
and pull me in close.
Snuggled up I’m anchored.
Your sea-serpent arms hold me firm,
your rock solid body sleeps on
my bed a harbour.
Tangled in your salty limbs
I ride out every storm
in this safe haven.
by Finola Scott
The Second Tide
The 2010 anthology of poetry and prose from New Voices Press
Members of the Federation of Writers (Scotland) featured in this rich new anthology include Scots, writers of other nationalities living in Scotland and writers of Scottish connection overseas, all bringing their own unique views and experiences to illuminate their work.
Price: £7.99 + £1.50 post & packaging
Available from: NVPCommerce@aol.com
(Selkie by Carolyn Emerick, 2013.)
Love Poems & Stories
- Off Balance by Magi Gibson – a poem for Valentines
- Love Stories by Glasgow Writers. Sticky Love by Pauline Lynch
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Love Sticky Lick by Jim Byrne, a poem for Valentine’s Day
- Valentine Haiku by Leela Soma
- A Poem for Valentine’s Day: I’m Counting by Rona Fitzgerald
- ‘Love’ a story by Maggie Reeve
- Past Love in the Museum of Transport – poetry by Ciara MacLaverty
- Dream Lover Two by Ian Macpherson – a love story for Valentine’s Day
- One Track by Maggie Graham – a love poem for Valentine’s Day
- ‘Fact’ by Magi Gibson – a love poem for Valentine’s Day
- Out of Sight by Ciara MacLaverty: a poem about love.
- The Question by Calum Maclean. A Love Poem (of sorts).
- First Love – a poem by Leela Soma for Valentine’s Day
- A Valentine’s Story: 24 Hours in the City of Love by James Carson
- Selkie’s Song by Finola Scott
- A Valentine’s Story: Status Update by James Connarty
- Love Poem by Stephen Watt: I Think I’m Falling In Love With Football
- Ars Technica, A Short Story by Paul McQuade
- Memoirs: An Old Photograph by Mary Irvine