Sculptor to create Mary Barbour Statue has been announced.
(Photo by Eddie Middleton)
Andrew Brown is the name of the successful sculptor chosen to create the statue of Mary Barbour.
The Remember Mary Barbour Association (RMBA) said:
“The successful sculptor was announced from the stage of the hugely successful Gala Concert in Glasgow’s Old Fruitmarket, on 21 February.2016.
Maria Fyfe, Chair of the Remember Mary Barbour Association (RMBA) said in announcing the winner
“When the public in Glasgow saw the designs, there was support for all five of them. But the widest support was expressed for the one we announce tonight, and the Remember Mary Barbour Association endorse their choice.
This sculptor’s intention was to present Mary Barbour, for now and for generations to come, in a way that captures the achievement for which she is best known. The day in November 1915, when she led a 20-thousand-strong protest through the streets of Glasgow to the Sheriff Court and won the victory.
Congratulations to Andrew Brown!”
The successful design along with the four others shortlisted can be seen on the Facebook page.
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- UKJF: Inside the Mossad CCA Glasgow