Scottish Writers’ Centre ‘In Process’ Masterclass: Gerry Loose Tues 7 June, 2016
Tue 7 June 2016
7pm, £6/£3 (Free for SWC Members) tickets on the door, Clubroom
0141 352 4900
On Thursday 26 May Gerry will be a featured guest on Pulse Community Radio with Shirley Whiteside, a professional book reviewer. Shirley will be talking books with Gerry at 2:00 pm on Pulse 98.4 Radio. Event on Facebook
Gerry Loose, a former Scottish Writers’ Centre Chair, is a poet and artist who works primarily with subjects from the natural world, most specifically with plants, as well as the world of geo-politics.
His work is found inscribed and created in parks, Botanic Gardens, and in natural landscapes, as well as in galleries and on the page.
Among his most recent publications are Printed on Water: new & selected poems (Shearsman), that person himself (Shearsman), fault line (Vagabound Voices), and An Oakwoods Almanac (Shearsman).
An earlier bi-lingual book and travelling exhibition (from Kyoto to Carbeth) was made of walks and associated plants around the Campsie foothills where he has a small wooden hut and a small hill of Kyoto containing 88 Buddhist shrines, in collaboration with Kyoto artist Takaya Fujii.
His awards include a Robert Louis Stevenson Fellowship, a Creative Scotland Award, Kone Foundation Award, Kooneen Saatio Award and a Hermann Kesten Fellowship. His most recent commissioned exhibitions are Sylva Caledonia in Summerhall, Edinburgh: a visual and textual exploration of the Sunart Oakwoods as part of Edinburgh Science Festival, and Glas, at Aldeburgh and Snape Maltings, Suffolk, England where land and sea-scape and colour ideas were exhibited (both 2015).
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT