Scottish Writers’ Centre ‘In Process’ Masterclass: Gerry Loose Tues 7 June, 2016
Tue 7 June 2016
7pm, £6/£3 (Free for SWC Members) tickets on the door, Clubroom
0141 352 4900
On Thursday 26 May Gerry will be a featured guest on Pulse Community Radio with Shirley Whiteside, a professional book reviewer. Shirley will be talking books with Gerry at 2:00 pm on Pulse 98.4 Radio. Event on Facebook
Gerry Loose, a former Scottish Writers’ Centre Chair, is a poet and artist who works primarily with subjects from the natural world, most specifically with plants, as well as the world of geo-politics.
His work is found inscribed and created in parks, Botanic Gardens, and in natural landscapes, as well as in galleries and on the page.
Among his most recent publications are Printed on Water: new & selected poems (Shearsman), that person himself (Shearsman), fault line (Vagabound Voices), and An Oakwoods Almanac (Shearsman).
An earlier bi-lingual book and travelling exhibition (from Kyoto to Carbeth) was made of walks and associated plants around the Campsie foothills where he has a small wooden hut and a small hill of Kyoto containing 88 Buddhist shrines, in collaboration with Kyoto artist Takaya Fujii.
His awards include a Robert Louis Stevenson Fellowship, a Creative Scotland Award, Kone Foundation Award, Kooneen Saatio Award and a Hermann Kesten Fellowship. His most recent commissioned exhibitions are Sylva Caledonia in Summerhall, Edinburgh: a visual and textual exploration of the Sunart Oakwoods as part of Edinburgh Science Festival, and Glas, at Aldeburgh and Snape Maltings, Suffolk, England where land and sea-scape and colour ideas were exhibited (both 2015).
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies