Scottish Writers’ Centre ‘In Process’ Masterclass: Gerry Loose Tues 7 June, 2016
Tue 7 June 2016
7pm, £6/£3 (Free for SWC Members) tickets on the door, Clubroom
0141 352 4900
On Thursday 26 May Gerry will be a featured guest on Pulse Community Radio with Shirley Whiteside, a professional book reviewer. Shirley will be talking books with Gerry at 2:00 pm on Pulse 98.4 Radio. Event on Facebook
Gerry Loose, a former Scottish Writers’ Centre Chair, is a poet and artist who works primarily with subjects from the natural world, most specifically with plants, as well as the world of geo-politics.
His work is found inscribed and created in parks, Botanic Gardens, and in natural landscapes, as well as in galleries and on the page.
Among his most recent publications are Printed on Water: new & selected poems (Shearsman), that person himself (Shearsman), fault line (Vagabound Voices), and An Oakwoods Almanac (Shearsman).
An earlier bi-lingual book and travelling exhibition (from Kyoto to Carbeth) was made of walks and associated plants around the Campsie foothills where he has a small wooden hut and a small hill of Kyoto containing 88 Buddhist shrines, in collaboration with Kyoto artist Takaya Fujii.
His awards include a Robert Louis Stevenson Fellowship, a Creative Scotland Award, Kone Foundation Award, Kooneen Saatio Award and a Hermann Kesten Fellowship. His most recent commissioned exhibitions are Sylva Caledonia in Summerhall, Edinburgh: a visual and textual exploration of the Sunart Oakwoods as part of Edinburgh Science Festival, and Glas, at Aldeburgh and Snape Maltings, Suffolk, England where land and sea-scape and colour ideas were exhibited (both 2015).
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow