Scottish Writers’ Centre: ‘In Process’ Masterclass with Janice Galloway, CCA 12 May
Tuesday 12 May, 2015
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Janice Galloway is one of the UK’s most versatile and gifted writers. She has authored novels, short stories, and non-fiction; Janice also regularly collaborates with visual artists and musicians, to produce syncretist pieces (her latest offering is a collection of poems for Calum Colvin’s Sacred and Profane series).
Her work has garnered national and international fellowships and awards; Janice has served as writer in residence to four Scottish Prisons, a Research Fellow at the British Library, and most recently as a Resident Fellow for the University of Otago in New Zealand. This year sees the publication of a new book of short stories (Jellyfish, from Freight Publishing), and the republication of The Trick is to Keep Breathing (her first book), as a Vintage Classic. She is presently working on a novel set in Naples, and a fresh translation of The Magic Flute.
Janice lives in Lanarkshire with her family, and a very full library – including the entire works of Muriel Spark!
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar