Scottish Women’s Football team v Norway 17 September, 2015 Firhill
Scotland will finalise preparations for the upcoming UEFA Women’s EURO 2017 qualifiers by hosting a friendly against Norway at Firhill Stadium, home of Partick Thistle, on Thursday 17th September.
Scotland v Norway
Thursday 17th September 2015, kick-off 7pm
Firhill Stadium, 80 Firhill Rd, Glasgow G20 7AL
For the first time Scotland are vying to qualify for the finals of a major championship – Anna Signeul’s squad will take on Norway, who reached the last 16 of this year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup, five days before their opening qualifier in Slovenia.
Ahead of her first match at Firhill, Anna Signeul said:
“This is a very exciting fixture to round off our Euro preparations. Norway are ranked 10th in the world, and are going in to their own qualifying campaign on the back of a last 16 finish at the World Cup.
“This match will provide a tough test for us ahead of the opening qualifier and an exciting prospect for Scotland supporters as we embark on a new campaign.
“I’m looking forward to taking the squad to Firhill for the first time, and our thanks go to Partick Thistle for hosting us.”
for the first time, after reaching the play-offs for the past two Euro campaigns, and sealing a first ever World Cup play-off place last year.
As the second ranked side in Group 1, they will face Iceland, Belarus, Slovenia and FYR Macedonia in their bid to seal a place at the finals in The Netherlands in 2017.
Their opening Euro 2017 qualifier will be against Slovenia on the 22nd, September.
Iceland, Belarus and Macedonia are the other teams in Group 1.
This section: Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
Filed under: Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
- Festival Fortnight 2018
- Hockey Club for Men and Women – Glasgow West End
- Hillhead Tennis & Cricket Club, Race Night Fundraiser, 8 September, 2017
- West End Festival, Open Weekend Arlington Baths Club, 17 and 18 June, 2017
- Drumchapel Tennis Club, Open Day, Saturday 13 May, 2017
- McCrea West of Scotland Cricket Club – Cricket in Glasgow’s West End – Not Just For Sports Fans
- Phoenix Flight Training Cumbernauld
- Sweat Gym Opening in Glasgow – recruiting
- Community Orchard Meeting, Glasgow Green, 9 October, 2016
- Get Active on Byres Road, European Mobility Week, 17 and 18 September, 2016
- My second week with Paul Rutherford – Personal Trainer
- Revamped Kelvin Hall – opening 22 August 2016
- Critical Mass Cycle Glasgow Friday 29 July, 2016
- Andy Murray, 21 September, The Hydro Glasgow
- The 2016 Homeless World Cup Glasgow
- West End Festival 2016: The Arlington Baths Club, Dip into Glasgow’s First Pool, 18/19 June
- We Go Pedal, Family Cycling Extravaganza, Victoria Park, Saturday 18 June, 2016
- Yoga for Musicians, Sunday 29 May, 2016
- West End Festival 2016: Football in Five Images, Stuart Cosgrove and Graham Spiers, OranMor Sunday 5 June, 2016
- The Briggait Bike Bazaar, Saturday 14 May, 2016