Scottish Handmade Crafts, Gifts and Artists at Janet & John Glasgow
Janet & John – promoting Scottish creativity.
A haven for Scottish Handmade Crafts
De Courcy’s Arcade
T: 07731 768373Delightful gifts handcrafted by Scottish artisans
Get that Autumn Feeling at Janet and John
Delightful handcrafted gifts handcrafted by Scottish artisans
Always something new at Janet and John
New designers, artists and crafters from across Scotland are always being added, creating wonderful Scottish handmade crafts. Currently 60 Scottish artists and crafters sell their work through the shop. New arrivals inlude: Ashworth Maps, Dainty Dora, Ray Cherry, Darren Gate Illustration and Rachel Meehan artist. (See all designers)
Treat yourself to something Scottish
The gallery and shop, located in the heart of Glasgow’s West End, is the brainchild of John and Janet Turner, a husband and wife team who are passionate about promoting Scottish creativity and ensuring that there’s always something new to find at their shop in De Courcy’s.
You’ll find an incredible range of enchanting products for your home, friends or family. Wonderful handcrafted designs to treasure or something cute and quirky to lift your spirits.
I love the beautiful jewellery by Aleksandra Design, Libby Walker’s wonderful prints, Janet’s own knitted designs, Agnes MacLean Glass , Handmade StitchesCards, Allan Richardon’s prints of iconic Glasgow scenes, Ian Mulholland prints, Hannah Longmuir cards, Skin-a-Licious mini soaps and wonderful designs by QueenieBrowne.
Janet and John’s retail outlet in De Courcy’s Arcade in Cresswell Lane is a haven for Scottish crafters and artists. The range on display is vast and you will also find woodwork, jewellery, photographs, homewares, pin cushions, needle cases and irresistible hand made buttons.
Showcase for Independent Crafters and Artists
Everything is made in Scotland from artists and craft makers in Glasgow and Lanarkshire to Edinburgh and Aberdeeen. This concept is very popular with tourists and locals alike.
” We aim to provide a showcase for independent crafters and artists and have a range of items to suit all pockets and tastes”
Since this treasure trove opened in summer of 2013, Janet and John have built a loyal clientele and both stock and suppliers are expanding all the time. last count, approximately 60 Scottish makers have their designs on sale.The great thing about Janet & John is that you can always expect to find something new as the range changes and expands to showcase the work of different artists and crafters.
Janet herself is a talented crafter, spending many hours clicking away on her knitting needles to create some spectacular items such as unique ipod covers and snuggly berets. The idea of opening up a gallery type outlet was borne through the many hours spent attending craft fairs around Scotland. Janet and John saw a gap in the market where talented crafters and artists could display their designs in one place.
Artists and Crafters at Janet & John
The number of designers whose work is on display and available for purchase at Janet and John’s grows all the time and among the most popular are Keith Pirie Illustrations, Aleksandra Designs, Libby Walker, Meowzers, Made By Millie, Pink Pig Art and Skin-a-Licious. Janet’s own knitted designs are also in high demand.
The list of designers whose work is showcased at Janet and John continues to grow – the include:
Get in touch to find out more
or drop in and say Hello
Upper Floor, De Courcy’s Arcade, Cresswell Lane, Glasgow G12 8AA
From Monday 6th November 11 – 5.30 p.m. for Christmas
Tuesday – Saturday – 10am – 5,30pm
Sunday – 12pm – 5pm (Closed Mondays)
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Best In The West, Cards and Home Accessories, Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Mothers' Day, Shopping, Valentines Day Glasgow
2 responses to “Scottish Handmade Crafts, Gifts and Artists at Janet & John Glasgow”
Best In The West
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Shopping: Currie and Quirk Opticians, Byres Road, G12
- West End Festival 2016: The Moment Keeper, Thistle Gallery, Jackie and Jilly Henderson, 4 – 19 June
- Surf and Turf Exhibition, Thistle Gallery from Saturday April, 23rd 2016.
- Dear Green Place – Exhibition at the Thistle Gallery, Saturday. March 19th– Sunday, April 3rd, 2016
- Bricks 4 Kidz, After school classes St Silas Woodlands
- The Face on the Moon, The Vale, 26 September, 2015.
- Shopping in Glasgow: Vintage Guru Byres Road
- Blair and Sheridan, Gin and Sapphires Event, Saturday 22 August, 2015
- Easter Workshops for Children at Bricks 4 Kidz
- Video History Scotland: DVD Memories of Dumbarton 1940 – 1975
- Bricks 4 Kidz– Children’s Workshops February Half-term 2015
- The Observatory, Nancy Smillie Studio
- Memories of Millport Isle of Cumbrae in the 1920s and 1930s, Video History Scotland
- Clyde Steamer Memories Part 1 DVD Video History Scotland