Solas, Scotland’s Festival of Arts and Ideas, The Bield at Blackruthven, Tibbermore, 23 – 25 June, 2017
Scotland’s festival of arts and ideas is delighted to announce its biggest programme ever. Solas Festival, which takes place as ever at The Bield at Blackruthven near Perth, this year between 23-25 June, confirmed headline acts and some very exciting new developments for 2017.
Talks and Debates Programme
The bands and musicians
Acts include: Lau, Radio One darlings WHITE, folk legend Mary Ann Kennedy and Mercury Prize nominee C Duncan head up the music stage, while Booker Prize winner James Kelman, Green MSP Andy Wightman, Scotland’s leading playwright David Greig and recently appointed UNESCO chair Professor Alison Phipps lead a programme of talks, debates and readings. A new focus on performance, bringing more dance and theatre to the festival will be headlined by dancer Claire Cunningham.
The festival is also delighted to announce two major new international collaborative projects, pairing Scottish musicians with artists in Palestine and Ghana.
Talks and Debate Programme
The talks and debates programme will reflect on ideas of belonging and competing nationalisms through panels on identity, citizenship, land, and the impacts of Brexit on the national consciousness. Accessibility and inclusivity will be a particular focus, and of course we will be continuing to think about and engage with people that have to leave their homes in order to make new ones in Scotland and abroad.
As ever, Solas Festival remains one of the most family-friendly events int he country, with a huge programme of activities for children.
(Photographs by John Graham and Colin Mearns)
Solas Festival, The Bield at Blackruthven, Tibbermore, Perth PH1 1PY
- Glasgow Mela 2018
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- The Big Sunday, West End Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival Not Without Us, CCA
- West End Festival – What a Start
- Light up Gaza, Glasgow
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Museum of the Moon, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- LusoFilm The Invisible Life, CCA
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- It’s all kicking off at the West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- West End Festival Summer Programme 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems