Scotland for Haiti, Fundraiser, Sugar Dumplin Restaurant, 27 November, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016 5:00 PM – 8:00
Sugar Dumplin, Princes Sq, 48 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 3JN
Come and celebrate 50 years of Barbados Independence at this second fundraiser for Haiti, this time at Sugar Dumplin restaurant in Glasgow. Enjoy a welcome cocktail courtesy of Clayton’s Kola Tonic and Caribbean buffet from Sugar Dumplin.
Talk from historian and genealogist Selena Carty from Black Poppy Rose for stories of the contribution of Caribbean servicemen and women to Britain in times of war.
Poetry from Lesley Traynor of Women Poets with Fierce Words
LIVE music from Afrobeats singer Levis Albano and Afro-Jazz fusion duet Ladies of Midnight Blue
Party on with DJ Marshal Telisman, the king of Glasgow party nights, for the best selections of soca, dancehall and reggae…
Enter the raffle to win great prizes and buy something from the special menu for a chance to win a week’s stay for two at Divi Southwinds Beach Resort, Barbados.
All profits from tickets and raffle going to support community organisations in Haiti.
Tickets limited to 100 so get yours quickly! £15 (plus booking fee £1.52)
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch