Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
Saturday 18 August, 2018, 10.30am to 4.30pm (registration from 10am)
Kelvinside Hillhead Parish Church (down the steps to the side entrance on Observatory Rd) G12 9AR.
Singing from the 1991 Denson edition of the Sacred Harp. Chair: Maureen Uney.
Bring-and-share lunch. No formal charge, but donations invited towards the costs of the event.
Come and try this unique American community singing tradition. Beginners welcome (no tuition offered, but your neighbour will keep you right). Not a religious service. Drop in and out as you like.
Afterwards we’ll repair to the pub (details to follow) to refresh ourselves and perhaps even sing some more. On Sunday morning the survivors will gather for brunch and a farewell sing in a special location, as has become the tradition.
Accommodation may be possible to arrange with local singers — get in touch.
- Cowboy Calypso, WomanSaid and Stephen EvEns
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC