Scar Tissue by Peter Russell: Love is in the air, Poetry and Stories of Love by Glasgow Writers.
The heart’s first infection is the deepest
And its memory when young is blindest
When kisses course our bloodstream the sweetest
And lovers are the wildest, and the kindest.
Youth gives strength, not active immunity,
We’ve had no contact as first love’s vaccine;
Young hearts sweat fevers with impunity,
And when broken, must endure cold quarantine.
But though the heart like frozen flesh shatters
It regroups, rebuilds, heals its deep fissures
To new shapes, gives to love new forms and matter
Some tender pink, and others scar tissues.
The young heart is glass that breaks in the hour:
The old possesses a battered, hurt power.
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne