Saturday Something: More than A Market! *Halloween Launch* Sat, Oct 31, 2015 10:00 – 4:00 On the Corner
Saturday, October 31, 2015
10:00 – 4:00
On the Corner
Hello One and All! from On the Corner
After many chats over many cups of Tea with our team, we have decided to revamp our what was formally Market on the Corner, to make way for something a bit more frequent in nature….
So without further ado, we give to you…
Saturday Something! Saturday Something is an affordable day out for all ages, shapes and sizes. Every saturday, we are here, our doors are open – and whatever the weather, theres always something happening!
Saturday Something is launching on Saturday 31st October – as a Halloweeeeen Special.
We still have all the elements of our Market on the Corner event, with that little added something! lots of lovely stalls, services and workshop areas available – so why not try your hand at something new, learn about different services happening in the Glasgow area or buy yourself or a loved one a wee gift.
As well as the stalls we will also have our OTC bric-a-brac shop, a place where bargains are a plenty and all money raised goes back into the renovation of our Community Centre.
We also have our Kids Play Cafe – a place to grab a cuppa and a bite to eat (all at a pay as you feel rate)
Here are some of the folks you can expect to meet:
DREAM MACHINE SCOTLAND
The Dream Machine are a social enterprise based right here in our On the Corner community space. Using a creative fusion of Audio and Visual displays, The Dream Machine create ambient sensory immersion experiences, allowing participants to enter a safe and soothing space, where they can relax, play and create. The Dream Room will be transformed into an all day party zone for this months Halloween addition, so pop next door if you fancy a dance!
Event on Facebook
FREE LUNCH CAFE
There’s no such thing as a Free Lunch Cafe are a donations based cafe, who will be providing lots of yummy goodies at a ‘pay what you feel’ rate. Soups, smoothies and banana bread are some of the things you can expect to taste come this Halloween! yum!
Treemendus redesign vintage furniture with funky paints, geometric patterns and shapes. The Treemendus girls will be selling a collection of their unique and quirky pieces as well as the materials for you to DIY at home! They will be running ‘Upcycle your Frames’ workshop, so you can take part and learn paint techniques!
Creating Space will also be selling a range of homemade bath bombs and aromatherapy kits, as well as running a build your own bath bomb workshop.
An organisation all about Connecting people with plants for health and well being. Come down and chat with their in house Herbologist about any bodily aches n pains – reconnecting with mother earth might be just the ticket for you.
CONCRETE GARDEN’S SWAP SHOP
Got an old jacket, shirt or pair of shoes that you wouldn’t mind swapping for something new? The Swap Shop allows you to bring an item of clothing in to swap for something new!
Open to all Members of the Community
10am – 4pm Saturday 31st October
We puuuureee canni wait!!!!
Thankyou and see you there, from the On the Corner team.x
On The Corner Facebook
On the Corner
253-257 London Road, Glasgow G40 1PE
One response to “Saturday Something: More than A Market! *Halloween Launch* Sat, Oct 31, 2015 10:00 – 4:00 On the Corner”
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018