Sandi Anderson: A Journey Exhibition Runs: 12 – 28 August, 2017 Glasgow Art Club
Preview: Friday 11 August, 8pm
A JOURNEY: As Sandi Anderson embarks on a journey into printmaking, this solo show of monoprints and etchings takes inspiration from her literal journey around Iceland in the summer of 2016.
Anderson spent three months at an artists’ residency in a small town in the north west. Having made the six day journey by car from Scotland to Iceland by road and ferry, she was able to drive the whole coastal route around Iceland one and a half times that summer. Looking both NEAR and FAR, she documented the journey in photographs, drawings and footage and this exhibition is the beginning of a filtering process to the sensory overload that is Iceland.
Sandi Anderson graduated from Glasgow School of Art in Graphic Design & Photography. Following a successful career in graphic design & television, Anderson began painting full time in 2003. She has since exhibited widely, at the Royal Scottish Academy, NOAC14 at Somerset House in London, Royal Glasgow Institute, RGI KELLY GALLERY, Pittenweem Arts Festival, Paisley Arts Institute amongst others.
In 2016 she was the recipient of The Glasgow Art Club Award at the 152nd Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts Annual Exhibition.
In January 2017 she was the recipient of The House for an Art Lover Award at the 136th Annual Exhibition of the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour (RSW) at the Mound in Edinburgh.
Glasgow Art Club, 185 Bath Street, G2 4HU
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Valentine Haiku by Leela Soma
- Hearts for Art’s Sake, Valentine’s Gifts at Thistle Gallery
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Everything in my Etsy shop is on sale: framed prints include classic views of the West End
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Poetry at Inn Deep, Tuesday 14 November, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
- Carol Dunbar, Gallery Owner: Local Character, Glasgow West End