Sandi Anderson: A Journey Exhibition Runs: 12 – 28 August, 2017 Glasgow Art Club
Preview: Friday 11 August, 8pm
A JOURNEY: As Sandi Anderson embarks on a journey into printmaking, this solo show of monoprints and etchings takes inspiration from her literal journey around Iceland in the summer of 2016.
Anderson spent three months at an artists’ residency in a small town in the north west. Having made the six day journey by car from Scotland to Iceland by road and ferry, she was able to drive the whole coastal route around Iceland one and a half times that summer. Looking both NEAR and FAR, she documented the journey in photographs, drawings and footage and this exhibition is the beginning of a filtering process to the sensory overload that is Iceland.
Sandi Anderson graduated from Glasgow School of Art in Graphic Design & Photography. Following a successful career in graphic design & television, Anderson began painting full time in 2003. She has since exhibited widely, at the Royal Scottish Academy, NOAC14 at Somerset House in London, Royal Glasgow Institute, RGI KELLY GALLERY, Pittenweem Arts Festival, Paisley Arts Institute amongst others.
In 2016 she was the recipient of The Glasgow Art Club Award at the 152nd Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts Annual Exhibition.
In January 2017 she was the recipient of The House for an Art Lover Award at the 136th Annual Exhibition of the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour (RSW) at the Mound in Edinburgh.
Glasgow Art Club, 185 Bath Street, G2 4HU
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School
- Frostpinni!, The Lighthouse
- Ross Birrell The Transit of Hermes, CCA
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow