Sandi Anderson: A Journey Exhibition Runs: 12 – 28 August, 2017 Glasgow Art Club
Preview: Friday 11 August, 8pm
A JOURNEY: As Sandi Anderson embarks on a journey into printmaking, this solo show of monoprints and etchings takes inspiration from her literal journey around Iceland in the summer of 2016.
Anderson spent three months at an artists’ residency in a small town in the north west. Having made the six day journey by car from Scotland to Iceland by road and ferry, she was able to drive the whole coastal route around Iceland one and a half times that summer. Looking both NEAR and FAR, she documented the journey in photographs, drawings and footage and this exhibition is the beginning of a filtering process to the sensory overload that is Iceland.
Sandi Anderson graduated from Glasgow School of Art in Graphic Design & Photography. Following a successful career in graphic design & television, Anderson began painting full time in 2003. She has since exhibited widely, at the Royal Scottish Academy, NOAC14 at Somerset House in London, Royal Glasgow Institute, RGI KELLY GALLERY, Pittenweem Arts Festival, Paisley Arts Institute amongst others.
In 2016 she was the recipient of The Glasgow Art Club Award at the 152nd Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts Annual Exhibition.
In January 2017 she was the recipient of The House for an Art Lover Award at the 136th Annual Exhibition of the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour (RSW) at the Mound in Edinburgh.
Glasgow Art Club, 185 Bath Street, G2 4HU
- The Last Leaf – a poem for Autumn by Catriona Malan
- Leela Soma: ‘Vermillion’ a poem for Autumn
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow