Samhain Lantern Walk Glasgow
1st November, 2018, 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Back Garden, off Brechin Street, 19 Brechin Street, Glasgow, G3 7HF
Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “darker half” of the year.
Celebrate this change in season with us at the Back Garden off Brechin Street on Thursday 1st November, 2018 from 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Young people from Sgoil Ghàidlig Ghlaschu, the Gaelic school on Berkeley Street are going to sing some festive songs.
They’re also preparing lanterns for a lantern parade round the garden. If you’d like to dress up then please feel free.
We will have hot spiced apple juice available. Please wrap up warm, and layer up. It’ll be hat and glove season no doubt too.
This is an informal gathering to celebrate the changing of seasons, providing young people an opportunity to reach a larger audience within the local community for their musical and other creative output.
The Back Garden was set up in 2011 by Annexe Communities with a grant from the Climate Change Fund.
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019