Sam Perks, ProjectAbility 16th August – 24th September
Preview: Saturday 13th August, 2-4pm*
*Evening Reception: Thursday 1st September, 6-8pm*
Exhibition Dates: 16th August – 24th September
Project Ability is proud to present the first solo exhibition of paintings by Sam Perks. Born in 1995, Sam works in our Create group for young artists, and has developed a distinct painting style during his time working with us. The movement and brush strokes of his compositions can be recognised in each of Sam’s paintings. Using bold brushwork and lots of dripping paint, these abstract paintings have an expressionistic feel to them.
Perks’ use and variation of colours are strong and confident, he has a talent for choosing a sophisticated colour palette and making the most out of the complimentary and contrasting hues and shades. Sam often uses masking tape along the edge to create a clean white border around the image. This further adds to the power and clarity of the expressive brushstrokes.
We believe it is important to nurture our artists, and we think now is the perfect time to give a selection of Sam Perks’ paintings pride of place in our exhibition calendar. Formerly Sam has exhibited in our Young Talent group show, and this year his first solo show will be up at the same time as the Young Talent show. Sam has shown determination, ingenuity and a constant drive to develop his practice. So much so that we hope his success can be an inspiration to our other young artists.
The exhibition will run until 24 September.
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School