Sam Perks, ProjectAbility 16th August – 24th September
Preview: Saturday 13th August, 2-4pm*
*Evening Reception: Thursday 1st September, 6-8pm*
Exhibition Dates: 16th August – 24th September
Project Ability is proud to present the first solo exhibition of paintings by Sam Perks. Born in 1995, Sam works in our Create group for young artists, and has developed a distinct painting style during his time working with us. The movement and brush strokes of his compositions can be recognised in each of Sam’s paintings. Using bold brushwork and lots of dripping paint, these abstract paintings have an expressionistic feel to them.
Perks’ use and variation of colours are strong and confident, he has a talent for choosing a sophisticated colour palette and making the most out of the complimentary and contrasting hues and shades. Sam often uses masking tape along the edge to create a clean white border around the image. This further adds to the power and clarity of the expressive brushstrokes.
We believe it is important to nurture our artists, and we think now is the perfect time to give a selection of Sam Perks’ paintings pride of place in our exhibition calendar. Formerly Sam has exhibited in our Young Talent group show, and this year his first solo show will be up at the same time as the Young Talent show. Sam has shown determination, ingenuity and a constant drive to develop his practice. So much so that we hope his success can be an inspiration to our other young artists.
The exhibition will run until 24 September.
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017