Sam Perks, ProjectAbility 16th August – 24th September
Preview: Saturday 13th August, 2-4pm*
*Evening Reception: Thursday 1st September, 6-8pm*
Exhibition Dates: 16th August – 24th September
Project Ability is proud to present the first solo exhibition of paintings by Sam Perks. Born in 1995, Sam works in our Create group for young artists, and has developed a distinct painting style during his time working with us. The movement and brush strokes of his compositions can be recognised in each of Sam’s paintings. Using bold brushwork and lots of dripping paint, these abstract paintings have an expressionistic feel to them.
Perks’ use and variation of colours are strong and confident, he has a talent for choosing a sophisticated colour palette and making the most out of the complimentary and contrasting hues and shades. Sam often uses masking tape along the edge to create a clean white border around the image. This further adds to the power and clarity of the expressive brushstrokes.
We believe it is important to nurture our artists, and we think now is the perfect time to give a selection of Sam Perks’ paintings pride of place in our exhibition calendar. Formerly Sam has exhibited in our Young Talent group show, and this year his first solo show will be up at the same time as the Young Talent show. Sam has shown determination, ingenuity and a constant drive to develop his practice. So much so that we hope his success can be an inspiration to our other young artists.
The exhibition will run until 24 September.
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend