Sam Perks, ProjectAbility 16th August – 24th September
Preview: Saturday 13th August, 2-4pm*
*Evening Reception: Thursday 1st September, 6-8pm*
Exhibition Dates: 16th August – 24th September
Project Ability is proud to present the first solo exhibition of paintings by Sam Perks. Born in 1995, Sam works in our Create group for young artists, and has developed a distinct painting style during his time working with us. The movement and brush strokes of his compositions can be recognised in each of Sam’s paintings. Using bold brushwork and lots of dripping paint, these abstract paintings have an expressionistic feel to them.
Perks’ use and variation of colours are strong and confident, he has a talent for choosing a sophisticated colour palette and making the most out of the complimentary and contrasting hues and shades. Sam often uses masking tape along the edge to create a clean white border around the image. This further adds to the power and clarity of the expressive brushstrokes.
We believe it is important to nurture our artists, and we think now is the perfect time to give a selection of Sam Perks’ paintings pride of place in our exhibition calendar. Formerly Sam has exhibited in our Young Talent group show, and this year his first solo show will be up at the same time as the Young Talent show. Sam has shown determination, ingenuity and a constant drive to develop his practice. So much so that we hope his success can be an inspiration to our other young artists.
The exhibition will run until 24 September.
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT
- The Wild Pear Tree