Sally Evans: Poetic Adventures with Poetry Scotland, CCA, 15 Sept, 2015
Tuesday 15th September 2015; 7pm to 8.30pm:
CCA Club Room, Glasgow:
Sally Evans: Poetic Adventures with Poetry Scotland
Sally Evans a poet, publisher, blogger, and editor of the Poetry Scotland broadsheet magazine has several books of poetry to her name, and currently lives in Callander, where she hosts the annual Callander Poetry Weekend.
Sally Evans is all about poetry. She has three collections of poetry, including The Bees (diehard, 2008). As a Gaelic learner, she has done translations from the Gaelic; she is the translator of the title poem in Christopher Whyte’s Bho Leabhar-Latha Maria Malibran/ From the Diary of Maria Malibran (Acair, 2009).
Sally’s ‘adventures’ in poetry promises to be a surprise and takes us from Japanese Haibun, to spoken poems performed outdoors and everything in between. She will be reading from and discussing her most recent collection of poetry, Poetic Adventures in Scotland, the Open Poetry Day at the Heart of the Travelling People and her new blogzine Keep Poetry Alive:
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
One response to “Sally Evans: Poetic Adventures with Poetry Scotland, CCA, 15 Sept, 2015”
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch