S.O.S. – It’s a Swing Out Sunday! at Cottiers
29 Apr 2018 – 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
THE JIM CLELLAND TRIO
(Jim Clelland on Keys, Andy Mitchell on Bass and Scott MacKay on Drums)
and the voices of:
JCS VOCAL ENSEMBLE – Musical Director Jim Clelland
JCS GLASGOW CHOIR – Choir Leader Lynne O’Neill
‘SWINGIN’ OUT’ AS MANY GREAT JAZZ STANDARDS AS THEY CAN FIT IN TO A SUNDAY AFTERNOON!
Welcoming for the first time…
SPECIAL GUEST and BBC’s VOICE OF JAZZ!
Mr. Stephen Duffy
Stephen is a pre-eminent jazz singer and the BBC’s voice of jazz in Scotland for 11 years. His new show, Jazz Vaults, began broadcasting on BBC Radio Scotland in February. A Fabulously swinging singer-pianist, with a fun line in banter, he presents many facets of vocal jazz including Bebop, vocalese and improvisation.
…and giving her take on some of her favourite swing numbers from the Great American songbook.
Lynne is a Jazz singer and Educator who performs all over the UK, Ireland and Europe. She has worked in the USA with leading jazz vocalists and trained with several eminent Jazz teachers…and now she is part of the JCS Team, leading our new Glasgow Training Choir and delivering a variety of JCS workshops to individuals, groups and choirs on THE ART OF VOCAL JAZZ!
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
There will be ONE Interval
Please note, box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
Tickets £13.50 (ticket prices incl. £1.50 per ticket admin fee which will be added at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
Cottiers, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11 5PU
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A