Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Gleneagles Gala Concert City Halls, Fri 17th March,
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Gleneagles Gala Concert
Fri 17th March, City Halls, Candleriggs, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G1 1NQ
Sir James MacMillan & Garry Walker Conductors
Timothy Dean Director
Junior Conservatoire Choir
Andrew Nunn Director
Clara Lafuente Garcia Cor anglais
Kate Valentine Soprano
Penelope Cousland Mezzo-soprano
Jamie MacDougall Tenor
MacMillan The Death of Oscar
MacMillan The World’s Ransoming
Britten Spring Symphony
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland has entered into an exciting new partnership with one of Scotland’s most iconic and prestigious destinations – Gleneagles. The world-renowned Perthshire hotel shares their passion for nurturing and developing artistic talent here in Scotland.
The first half of the concert features a celebration of Scotland’s foremost composer, Sir James MacMillan, as part of the Glasgow-wide MacMillan Festival. The Visiting Professor, the renowned composer will conduct two of his own works, including the ravishing The World’s Ransoming, featuring the winner of the first RCS MacMillan Concerto Competition in 2015-16, Clara Lafuente Garcia.
The second half prepares us for the forthcoming change of season, with Britten’s joyous Spring Symphony. Artistic Director of Conducting Garry Walker and the RCS Symphony Orchestra are joined by the RCS Chamber Choir as well as the talented youngsters of the Junior Conservatoire of Music.
They are supported by an international lineup of superb alumni including Kate Valentine, Penelope Cousland and Jamie MacDougall.
It’s sure to be a very special occasion.
Grand Hall, City Halls, Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1NQ
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow