Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
Saturday, 24 February, 2018 – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow 22 University Gardens, G12 8QN
Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee?
Everybody loves a cuppa (and a cake).
Come join us at the Queen Margaret Union for some quality time and a cuppa.
It’s a great opportunity to get together and have a friendly chat with people from asylum-seeking and refugee backgrounds.
Nothing more interesting than learning about people from all around the world. Why not get introduced to their culture and language over a lovely and warm cup of tea.
Come along and learn about the refugee community and about the work charities such as the Scottish Refugee Council do.
FREE event, with free tea (and coffee) – and a wide array of cakes and home baking available for a small donation!
Donations from cakes and tickets are greatly appreciated as we are a small club and your generosity will help run this event.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to Scottish Refugee Council!
- Book Launch: Welcome to the Heady Heights by David Ross
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Frank Turner at Aye Write
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Andrew O’Hagan Creative Conversations
- Launch of The Blame Game C.J. Cooke
- Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
- Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig
- Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
- Girl GFT
- Astro Black GSFF at CCA
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- First Reels 2: Scottish Women Filmmakers of the 1990s CCA
- Wuthering Heights, Glasgow Film Theatre
- GSFF19 | Blueprint: Scottish Independent Shorts
- Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- Us, Glasgow Film Theatre