Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
Saturday, 24 February, 2018 – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow 22 University Gardens, G12 8QN
Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee?
Everybody loves a cuppa (and a cake).
Come join us at the Queen Margaret Union for some quality time and a cuppa.
It’s a great opportunity to get together and have a friendly chat with people from asylum-seeking and refugee backgrounds.
Nothing more interesting than learning about people from all around the world. Why not get introduced to their culture and language over a lovely and warm cup of tea.
Come along and learn about the refugee community and about the work charities such as the Scottish Refugee Council do.
FREE event, with free tea (and coffee) – and a wide array of cakes and home baking available for a small donation!
Donations from cakes and tickets are greatly appreciated as we are a small club and your generosity will help run this event.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to Scottish Refugee Council!
- Sixth Jimmy Reid Annual Memorial Lecture 2018
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival