Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
Saturday, 24 February, 2018 – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow 22 University Gardens, G12 8QN
Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee?
Everybody loves a cuppa (and a cake).
Come join us at the Queen Margaret Union for some quality time and a cuppa.
It’s a great opportunity to get together and have a friendly chat with people from asylum-seeking and refugee backgrounds.
Nothing more interesting than learning about people from all around the world. Why not get introduced to their culture and language over a lovely and warm cup of tea.
Come along and learn about the refugee community and about the work charities such as the Scottish Refugee Council do.
FREE event, with free tea (and coffee) – and a wide array of cakes and home baking available for a small donation!
Donations from cakes and tickets are greatly appreciated as we are a small club and your generosity will help run this event.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to Scottish Refugee Council!
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A