Rose Kallal, with Cru Servers and Phosphene CCA Tue 15 September 2015
The Hidden Noise / humansacrifice present
Rose Kallal, with Cru Servers and Phosphene
Tue 15 September 2015
Hailing from New York, and in Glasgow for one night only, visual and sound artist Rose Kallal will be performing a live modular synth set, with her multiple 16mm film loop projections. Her live installations create a mesmeric nonlinear flow of repeating patterns, motifs and animations, sometimes synchronous, sometimes dissonant, that reflects both the repetition of sounds and the constantly shifting nature of the music.
The night will include a rare performance by Phosphene, John Cavanagh’s solo project for semi-modular synth (a vintage EMS VCS3). So far there have been three full-length albums and many other releases, including collaborations with Lol Coxhill, Bridget St. John, Jackie McKeown (1990s), Nalle, Bill Wells, Isobel Campbell, Drew Mulholland and members of the Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra.
The collaborative performance by Phosphene and The Asterism at the 2009 Le Weekend Festival is listed among “highlights of the year” in the January 2010 edition of The Wire magazine.
Cru Servers is the audio-visual collaborative project of Glasgow-based brothers Rickie and Jamie McNeill. The sounds made are a kind of Poundshop psychedelia, where permo flashbacks bring half memories of Marshall, Theo and Juan, and hardware remains their master and guide.
Records will be played by Rafla (Hot Club, Rebel Rouser) for your listening pleasure.
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Sid Griffin and Peter Case Doublet Bar
- Bone Idle Bros, Starry Skies and Slipper Elm The Britannica Panopticon
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- André Krengel & Roland Krause, Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers