Rodge Glass, Literary Lunchtimes, Bar Gandolfi, 28 Feb, 2015
28 February, 1 p.m.
Bar Gandolfi, 64 Albion St, G1 1NY
Rodge Glass is a former Keith Wright Literary Fellow and subsequently taught Creative Writing at Strathclyde for several years. He is currently Senior Lecturer in Creative Writing at Edge Hill University, Lancashire. It is hoped that many of Rodge’s former colleagues and students will turn out for what promises to be a memorable reading.
The previous three series of “Literary Lunchtimes” have cumulatively proved a resounding success, with an average of 50 staff, students and general public gathering in this very convivial setting for poetry and prose, lunch, drinks, chat and craic. “Literary Lunchtimes” is now a well-known feature of the Glasgow literary scene.
The Irish poet Alan Gillis, now teaching at the University of Edinburgh, will read on 11 March.
This is Chris Agee’s last term as the Keith Wright Literary Fellow and he will end the spring series of readings on 25 March.
The series is sponsored by the School of Humanities, University of Strathclyde.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne