Richard Slee: Work and Play, The Tramway 4 Feb– 20 March, 2016.
Richard See Ceramics
Drop In – no ticket required
Richard Slee (born Carlisle, 1946) has built a reputation as one of Britain’s most important contemporary ceramic artist. His work challenges conventional notions of ceramic art and demonstrates the fluid boundaries of 21st century ceramic practice. This exhibition covers Slee’s most radical work to date produced over the last 10 years.
Exploring new materials, processes and subject matter, his latest body of work is inspired by domestic forms of production and recreation. ‘Work and Play’ reimagines the world of commonplace tools, sports equipment and everyday objects, featuring a series of unique ceramic works which flawlessly integrate sourced materials and readymades.
A touring exhibition from Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Trust, Carlisle in partnership with Hales Gallery, London.
Image: Richard Slee, Hammers, 2010 © Richard Slee
Glasgow, G41 2PE
- Singles Christmas Night at Sleazy’s – 45 rpm party night
- Christmas Caroling
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced