Richard Slee: Work and Play, The Tramway 4 Feb– 20 March, 2016.
Richard See Ceramics
Drop In – no ticket required
Richard Slee (born Carlisle, 1946) has built a reputation as one of Britain’s most important contemporary ceramic artist. His work challenges conventional notions of ceramic art and demonstrates the fluid boundaries of 21st century ceramic practice. This exhibition covers Slee’s most radical work to date produced over the last 10 years.
Exploring new materials, processes and subject matter, his latest body of work is inspired by domestic forms of production and recreation. ‘Work and Play’ reimagines the world of commonplace tools, sports equipment and everyday objects, featuring a series of unique ceramic works which flawlessly integrate sourced materials and readymades.
A touring exhibition from Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Trust, Carlisle in partnership with Hales Gallery, London.
Image: Richard Slee, Hammers, 2010 © Richard Slee
Glasgow, G41 2PE
- A Play, Pie and A Pint: King Keich, OranMor by Louise Welsh
- Poetry: Lahore, I am coming by Rizwan Akhtar
- Luca Manning and Finn Bradley – The Music of Chet Baker
- Nice Thursday Market, Merchants House, Glasgow
- Disability Led Creative Movement CCA Oct/Dec 2018
- Women’s Voices in Culture and Politics in Cuba CCA
- Writers for Peace, Project Cafe
- Fiona Burns Mindfulness Course Hillhead Sports Club
- Shake Hands With The Devil, CCA
- Africa in Motion – I Still Hide To Smoke, GFT
- Calibre, GFT
- St Andrew’s Torch Light Parade Glasgow West End
- A Woman Captured GFT
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival 2018, GFT
- Estonia Now at GFT
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre