Richard Slee: Work and Play, The Tramway 4 Feb– 20 March, 2016.
Richard See Ceramics
Drop In – no ticket required
Richard Slee (born Carlisle, 1946) has built a reputation as one of Britain’s most important contemporary ceramic artist. His work challenges conventional notions of ceramic art and demonstrates the fluid boundaries of 21st century ceramic practice. This exhibition covers Slee’s most radical work to date produced over the last 10 years.
Exploring new materials, processes and subject matter, his latest body of work is inspired by domestic forms of production and recreation. ‘Work and Play’ reimagines the world of commonplace tools, sports equipment and everyday objects, featuring a series of unique ceramic works which flawlessly integrate sourced materials and readymades.
A touring exhibition from Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Trust, Carlisle in partnership with Hales Gallery, London.
Image: Richard Slee, Hammers, 2010 © Richard Slee
Glasgow, G41 2PE
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019